PDA

View Full Version : 2l 8v whats needed

carls nova sri
14-02-07, 08:41 PM
whats needed to do my conversion. I got astra gsi discs and calipers i no i gota seam weld the engine bay and lower the drivers mount 1.5" and get sri/gte/gsi tank with external pump. use gte/gsi shafts with mk2 cav 1.6 inner cvs an gte/gsi outers but wot about the gearbox mount spacer how much. Is the f18 the rite box. What part of the wiring do i need as its going into a 1.2 an theres no ecu is the 1.2 radiator ok and wot pipes are needed. Sorry for the essay but i want to make sure i'v got every thing before i start cheeres

Dar
14-02-07, 09:19 PM
Get the 2l mounting kit from chris ashley motorsport. That will save you modifying the mount and also have a really nice gearbox mounting spacer.

However if you don't want to buy that then the width of the spacer between the gearbox and the mount is about 10mm. All I did with mine at first was to put another nut and some washers inbetween. Although the proper spacing bracket is better. Don't cut the left hand bracket off and remount it. Make a lowering bracket for it. This dosent have to be anything other than a nice thick piece of metal with three holes in it(To drop it down). I ran mine on one like that for years. The metal was about 4 or 5mm thick. I would also reccomend getting some uprated engine mounts.

carls nova sri
14-02-07, 09:25 PM
but what about wiring, rad, pipes and box and thanks for the other info dar

Dar
14-02-07, 09:32 PM
Im sure the F18 box will be fine. I use an F20 so only have experiance with that box.
As for the rest I really don't know. I used the Nova rad pipes with no problems. But not sure what a 1.2 rad looks like. You would not believe how many rads are listed for a Nova.

The wiring for a C20XE is here (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v485/DPursey/Page2.jpg) but I don't know if its the same for what your doing.

Sorry I can't help further.

carls nova sri
14-02-07, 09:48 PM
ok cheeres dar:thumb: