PDA

View Full Version : Rear quarter panels

Anonymous
06-09-01, 12:50 AM
How hard are they to replace??? The left rear one on my girlfriends car was involved in a heavy impact with someone coming out of a side road and they just drove straight into her. The worst bit is they sped from the scene of the accident without giving details. If they arent easy to change as i have a feeling they wont be she might just have to get a new car.

Anonymous
06-09-01, 02:50 AM
I gather you're meaning replacing the whole panel...from sill to lower edge of window?

I've not done that, but I have replaced the arch lip section.....you can buy a replacement panel, but the one I got was only for doing the lower section, and didn't go right up to the window. I imagine the full panel might be easier to replace than the bit I did....wish I'd replaced the whole panel....less grinding and filling.

(2:50am now..and still not in bed :O )

Anonymous
06-09-01, 09:02 AM
like this?
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/dedcbd7d/bc/My+cars/Repair+Pics/Left-Rear.JPG?bcWU557Ax88OySaI

Anonymous
06-09-01, 02:32 PM
ere ste that link dont work.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

I appologise in advance if i sound ignorant, rude or in anyway derogatory towards anyone or anything - except in some cases when i intend it that way.

Anonymous
06-09-01, 03:12 PM
just cut and paste the link into your browser.

2.0 16v on its way soon!!!! :D

Anonymous
06-09-01, 03:27 PM
Ste...did your 1.2i GSi look a like in that picture get done up and sold on?

what happened to it?

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

[-monkcap.jpg-]

Have u ever blown Bubbles?...
Cos he's back in town askin for ya...

Anonymous
07-09-01, 08:47 AM
nope still got it

16v Nova - Toolkit comes as standard :)