PDA

View Full Version : what product for rust protection ?

-nova1.4SR-
13-02-07, 10:01 PM
hi all,just wondering what product people reccomend for rust prevention,i have just had my car sprayed so before it goes on the road im wanting to seal it everywhere to help prevent the rust.
ive heard people reccomend hammerite waxoyl.
what do you lot think ?
cheers

Welsh Dan
13-02-07, 10:40 PM
As above.
Plenty of.

Mike
13-02-07, 10:49 PM
best product for rust prevention?

Any GM shell made after about 1999 hahahahaaaa

Novasport
13-02-07, 10:56 PM
Dinitrol, much better than Waxoyl according to Practical Classics

Jon_nova1
13-02-07, 10:59 PM
i was in my local motor factors a couple of weeks ago, and it must have been the best rust prevention method ive ever seen, its rust proofing, but its in a spray can lol spray it on and there you go :D cant remember what its called but go to a decent car shop and they'll have it ;)

Novasport
13-02-07, 11:36 PM
http://www.rust.co.uk/dinitrol-products.cfm
Using it on my shell, bit pricey but heard nothing but good stuff about it.

vallanc3
13-02-07, 11:37 PM
air-tight bag

Jon_nova1
13-02-07, 11:38 PM
thats the stuff i saw lol

-nova1.4SR-
14-02-07, 07:02 AM
thats great,cheers lads :thumb:

CP
14-02-07, 09:30 PM
Clean engine oil/grease home mix. For all those underneath non visible areas. Sealers such as waxoyl are ok but if air,salt and water get in under them which is quite easy unless everything was perfectly clean, totally free of rust and painted beforehand the rust will be having a field day. The key thing with oil is that it travels into any corrosion and spreads out neutralising the rust as it goes. The grease is there to help stick it on for resistance to being washed off and to make it easier to slop on. If you cant reach into an area with a brush water the oil down with some paraffin or similar and spray it in - great for sills chassis legs etc

therealnovaboy
14-02-07, 10:03 PM
black schutz. its quite good but when your spraying it on use a hot air gun nd heat the can up till its like water and spray it on.you need a schutz gun tho. then clean your nova every day or dont take it out in the rain.a well maintained nova will last forever.

novaboy.p.
15-02-07, 06:30 PM
i herd that used engine oil is good its a bit more runny than clean engine oil so it gets into more places

Welsh Dan
15-02-07, 08:24 PM
i herd that used engine oil is good its a bit more runny than clean engine oil so it gets into more places

Just use a thinner oil :).

craig green
16-02-07, 11:35 AM
Oil will stink though. Surely decent under seal & proper proofing products will work the best?