PDA

View Full Version : 2.0l 16v ?

Anonymous
30-08-01, 09:45 AM
I have a 2.0l 16v engine in my car. I recently had the head rebuilt, with new valves and valve guides etc. Since I had it rebuilt it is drinking the oil really fast, its not leaking out anywhere and it doesn't smoke at all, so what the hell is going on ?

Also the exhaust is popping all the time, I know this is unburnt fuel but why is it not being burnt, this has also started happening in conjunction with the head rebuild. I am running Mobil 1 and slick 50 and using bosch super 4's. I have always used this combination of oil and plugs, before and after the head rebuild so why is it doing it and how can I sort it ?

cheers in advance

Anonymous
30-08-01, 12:37 PM
nathan coull
damian coull?

Mobil 1 slick 50.

bit of a coincidence?

SFTUP

Anonymous
30-08-01, 01:28 PM
lol,

A healthy engine like u say should be fine with Mobil 1 and Slick 50. You say u aren`t burning oil, but if you burn it in small enough quantities its hardly noticeable in the exhaust gasses. Possibly time for new rings and honing.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)] "Q/ (Squirrel)

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
30-08-01, 02:22 PM
mobil 1 is very clean and can burn unnoticed
did you do the breather mod is it possable that the oil is being sucked up and burned through the inlet

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
30-08-01, 04:36 PM
no, its not a coincidence, he's my brother, we both have novas and both use mobil 1 and slick 50 because it is good for your engine ?

whats wrong with that ????????

Come on England !!

Anonymous
30-08-01, 06:50 PM
:'> egg on my face!?

nuffin rong!