PDA

View Full Version : lowering springs

Anonymous
28-08-01, 11:13 AM
i am thinking about getting some "affordable" lowering springs. two questions.
1. What should i get.?
2. How to fit them? Is there a guide anywhere?

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
28-08-01, 12:03 PM
I have been asking similar questions recently and I have been told that with puma springs you can get a 30-45mm drop for only 55 quid so they are worth a look at. Apparantly they are good quality aswell. I think there is a fitting guide on www.topbuzz.co.uk but I'm not sure. I am doing this myself soon so let me know how easy/hard it is cos i am crap with stuff like this. puma springs are at larkspeed so try their website.

hope it helps.

Anonymous
28-08-01, 12:25 PM
it's really simple to fit the back springs, you just need to undo the bolt holding the rear beam to the suspension strut and then lift the spring out of its seat and put the new one back in again. The front ones are equally as easy, but you need to get a spring compressor(a threaded piece of metal with 2 little hooks/platforms on) and squash the spring down and unscrew the top of the strut, then remove the spring and put the new one back on and put it all back together again. Job done. :D

2.0 16v on its way soon!!!! :D

Anonymous
28-08-01, 12:50 PM
have been looking at larksppeds site as there is a larkspped shop that i have to pass on my way home from work. Would the springs be ok with my shocks? SR ones or standard ones (got two novas)?
Its all just very confusing.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
28-08-01, 01:56 PM
the back ones just jack up the car as much as u can and then kick them out. works a treat for me

Anonymous
28-08-01, 02:39 PM
lowering betwween 30+45 mm will be fine on standard shocks . Only a drop of around 60mm will fuck em up.

Anonymous
30-08-01, 03:35 AM
Hum...Puma springs.....can't think who's got those...;)

lol....I've got 'em..doh! I think they're mint...they are on my Nova anyways, and I use my standard "oil" shocks....not even gas!

I've got SR front and rear anti-roll bars as well, which do make a huge difference to handling on their own....I'm not sure what the Puma springs would be like on a standard car without the anti-roll bars, 'cos I had the anti-roll bars on before the springs, but I'm sure they'd be mint with or without the anti-roll bars.....just best to have the lot ;)