PDA

View Full Version : camshaft choosing

rysmee
12-02-07, 09:30 PM
hi,
i'm currently running my 1.6 gsi on boddies with a 270 cam and love the broad range of torque and power..it'll pull hard from 1500 right up to 7. i'm thinking about going a bit more lairy with the cam and wanted someones opinion who also has a 1.6 with a high degree cam.. if there is anyone out there?
I know its going to loose mid range but i'd just like to get an idea of how bad, and if its worth the compromise for the gain at higher revs.
any info much appreciated.. thanks

Martin
12-02-07, 09:59 PM
Take a look at Catcam.be could be .de

i think they do a 298 cam and a 302?

rysmee
13-02-07, 11:14 PM
ok thanks.. checked that out but i cant seem to find any help anywhere on which cam to go for.. anyone know of any info anywhere that'll help me?

Adam
14-02-07, 12:24 AM
Whats the engine spec?
Running it on throttle bodies? So i assume you have a mappable ecu.

If so, go for something around 290-300+ duration, you will need it remapping after tho.

rysmee
14-02-07, 08:25 PM
yeah running omex ecu and been speaking to the guy who mapped it for ways to get some more power. he reckons a change of cam and comp ratio should squeeze some more out of it. its just that i dont know how lairy to go with the cam. oh..whilst on the changing compression ratio subject.. anyone out there done it?

Adam
15-02-07, 01:07 AM
Skim the head to up compression.
The majority of cams will run/idle fine with mappable management. Dont believe all this lumpy idle stuff.