PDA

View Full Version : just need a little help

feel the force
12-02-07, 05:45 PM
first off hi lads im new to novaload so go easy on me.right im building a 2.0 8v nova but having never done the conversion i need a little help ive done the engine mount mods seam welded the front end and got the 22 spline shafts. but its the wiring im stuck on my nova is a 1987 carb model i no i need the fule pump but which wires do i need is it just the ones from the ecu that run through over the top of the injectors down round to the stater motor and back picking up the coil,injectors,and all the idle controle valves etc any help you can give me is all taken with thanks.

Adam
12-02-07, 06:32 PM
You need the entire engine loom to the engine.
The starter/alternator wiring doesn't get touched, but fit that onto the 2.0 starter/alternator.

feel the force
16-02-07, 04:37 PM
right ive taken the whole engine out and put it on the floor linked everything up and tryed to get it to fire relising it needed the fule presurised i checked it for a spark and there was non anyone have any ideas

Lee
16-02-07, 05:31 PM
your trying to get the engine to run just sitting on the floor???? Me thinks that is not the best idea on the planet lol lol

No spark where? At coil or at plugs?

tom reid
16-02-07, 06:19 PM
Rubbishlol , had a Rover V8 running on the floor once, with no exhausts, it sounded awsome, well actually it was jumping over the floor at 4000rpm, good fun though

:thumb:

Adam
16-02-07, 06:23 PM
Assuming you the the ecu wired up to a battery....
Check the connections, earth etc.

Lee
16-02-07, 08:01 PM
Rubbishlol , had a Rover V8 running on the floor once, with no exhausts, it sounded awsome, well actually it was jumping over the floor at 4000rpm, good fun though

I would have liked to have seen that lol

feel the force
17-02-07, 11:30 AM
Assuming you the the ecu wired up to a battery....
Check the connections, earth etc.

yea the ecu was wired up as the live runs up through the wiring from the stater doesnt it.from the stater into a plug from there up through the black casing over the top orf the injectors to the ecu and back.or do i need a alternate power supply for the ecu.

Adam
17-02-07, 02:36 PM
The ecu has to have lives,earths etc of its own.

Driver
17-02-07, 03:02 PM

how did you know it was at 4k rpm if it was sat on the floor ?

Adam
17-02-07, 03:36 PM
Wire a rev counter up? Lol
Tis only 3 wires.