PDA

View Full Version : de-handle doors, :-/

Anonymous
26-08-01, 03:08 PM
hey guys :D, i want to know how i can dehandle my doors on my nova, ive seen it done but i dont know how to do it. i bought some secondhand solonoids taken out of a cadillac cos i thought i could set then up to push the door mechinisms. the only problen is that the solonoids push up and the mechinisms needs to be pulled down :(, i cant fit them upside down cos then the solonoids hit the window. i asked a few mechanics but they all dumb X-( and say it cant be done even though i start off by sayin i have seen it done before.

cheers guys, thanks.
Raj. :-/

Anonymous
27-08-01, 02:24 AM
ive just done it to my nova, but id advise you not to bother.

for starters ive heard solenoids aint strong enough to pull the latch to open the door, so its gonna the case of starting again.

the mech has to be inline with the latch, however if you dont have leccy windows this is nigh on impossible, so dont bother.

if you do, try and find a way to mount em, so they pull it.

then start the over complicated wiring...

blah blah

see i told you not to bother. lol

:p
Im tall and your small
:p

Anonymous
27-08-01, 10:41 AM
but if it looks good does it really matter if you cant get into it - just do the mod somewhere visible and leave the car there and stand around it all the time going "ooh look at my car int it good"...

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
27-08-01, 10:42 AM
OR...
You could mod it and fit cav or astra mkIII handles that sit more flush anyway - like that green gte on the feature cars page.
looks class does that.

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
27-08-01, 05:30 PM
*cough* or u cud fit a pully and have them where ever u want and use strong fishing wire to open them.

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
27-08-01, 09:27 PM
i hear that micky is full of bright ideas :P

Anonymous
28-08-01, 08:28 AM
that is quite a clever idea actually - you could put the handles right down in the bottom of the door towards the front of the car.
really confuse people.

ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET