PDA

View Full Version : Lowering springs

Anonymous
22-08-01, 10:33 PM
my mates decided to scrap his 1.2 and he said i can buy his -60mm springs if i want em. Will they fit on my GTE? in all the mags etc theres always springs for a nova and springs for a GTE/GSI? why?

Anonymous
23-08-01, 07:28 AM
As far as I know, GTE and GSi's (in standard form) are about 30/35mm lower than a regular Nova.

Cheers,
Micko.

Anonymous
24-08-01, 09:23 AM
It will be best if you get some new shocks aswell. The current shocks won't be able to cope with the lowered springs and will soon wear out and need replacing.

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
24-08-01, 09:54 AM
The point about the shocks that Jim made is crucial cos std shocks are too long for a 60mm drop and will bottom out all the time. You need shortened uprated ones.
It maybe that 1.2 springs aren't suitable for a 1.6 cos its heavier etc. ?? Check with Motech or some other company first.

Anonymous
25-08-01, 08:09 AM
they will only drop the car 35mm or so

what the companys do is list gte/gsi springs as a 35mm drop

then they list the same springs (part no`s and everything) as a 60mm drop for base models.

thats why u dont see many 60mm kits for gte/gsi`s (although i got a gsi 60mm kit from swift and it lowerd my white nova 85mm)

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
26-08-01, 12:56 AM
Where did u get yur springs from? Swift? Have they got a site?, how were your shockers though coz u had standard gsi`s on it didnt u

Anonymous
26-08-01, 08:26 AM
no they were standerd basemodel oil shocks

and they were fine

i replaced them after 2 years and used basemodel oil shocks again and they were fine

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
28-08-01, 03:39 AM
the gte/gsi/sri springs r diffrent as the injection unit makes the car heavier at the front end, so obviosly the front end requires stronger springs!!
Dlcko