PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake turns.

beavy69
10-02-07, 09:05 PM
Hmm, playing in the wet - we all love it right? but I have heavy wheels, and tyres so a) apart from standard adjustments to the rear drums (which are self adjusting on my model anyway iirc) and b) aside from fooking about with rears discs and a hydrawlic handbrake, the question be this:

what measures can I take to make to improve my handbrake function for sliding (safe areas/where permitted etc blah blah blah lol)

Lee
10-02-07, 09:12 PM
Ive got a few...

1. Find some grass

2. Fit a tube in the rear quarter that squirts WD40 onto the rear tyres at the touch of a button

3. Drill a big holes in each quarterpanel and wedge a scaffolding pole through them into the wheel spokes

4. Place Maccy D trays in a pre determined position and pull the handbrake as the rears go over them

5. Replace the rear tyres with big hoops of ice

6. Fit a skateboard under the car which lifts the car off the floor when you rip the handbrake

They should keep you going!

Philsutton
10-02-07, 09:32 PM
if you cant lock the rears up with the hand brake, you have a problem. Re adjust the cable?

General Baxter
10-02-07, 09:42 PM
buy a car with correct wheel drive lol

beavy69
10-02-07, 09:43 PM
Its adjusted to function as the "parking handbrake" but I spose it could go a little tighter. Also may be the fact that I have no weight in the rear and 205mm wide tyres? I mean they do lock a bit but not sufficient. Could I perhaps roughen the drum surface and fit new pads as well?

beavy69
10-02-07, 09:44 PM
PLease tell me you don't drive a beemer Baxter?! Funny you shoud say that actually, I will be fitting a hayabusa engine to the rear eventually.

Dan
10-02-07, 10:09 PM
see, now the worst part about this thread is, i actually told someone not to be so rude about you when airing their personal thoughts. And well bugger me your posting nonsense like this and proving them right :roll:

beavy69
10-02-07, 10:18 PM
Whats wrong with wanting everything working as well as possible? I spose I didn't word it very well; it's not like I go around doing handbrake turns in carparks. In fact I have never been on a "cruise", just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas for improvment, as I drive for my own enjoyment, not to do show off like a tw@t.

But thanks for sticking up for me, whenever that was?

draper
10-02-07, 10:18 PM
^^ pmsl at dan

w@nk alot so your arm is stronger and you can pull the handbrake harder

tom reid
10-02-07, 10:29 PM
^^ pmsl at dan

w@nk alot so your arm is stronger and you can pull the handbrake harder

I already do this, just realised that i use the wrong arm thoughlol

Fit a hyd h/brake, like the WRCars use,?160.00, proper handbraking costs...

bigbened
10-02-07, 10:37 PM
new shoes and aneal the drum