PDA

View Full Version : module or dizzy????

Anonymous
21-08-01, 09:27 PM
While driving my 1.4sr about 60mph the feckin thing just died on me and would not start.There is no spark at the plugs and the module that feed the dizzy reads 12 volts on the meter.So what i need to know is has any one had this before if so what was the problem, dizzy's to fit are like gold dust round here so will any other fit cheers all:(

Anonymous
22-08-01, 09:30 AM
I had similar prob in my 1.2i. The car would randomly shudder during driving and occasionally cut out all together, and eventually it wouldnt even start. I had no spark at the plugs either. I couldnt fix it so took it to a garage. He tried loads of things including replacing the distributer but it didnt solve the problem. In the end he replaced the coil and ignition amplifer module underneath it and it now runs 100% So your dizzy may not need changing. Change the coil 1st easy job and they only cost about ?20, and u dont have an ignition amplifier so dont worry about thst. ;)
Hope this helps.

Anonymous
22-08-01, 09:38 PM
i had the same problem, did it back fire b4 it died if so it might be the coil as it was on mine, also once the car started to cut out but would start again, but then suddendly died completely and that was the dizzy. finally when my ignition module went it just died no notice or anything did not backfire, judder etc. if it died wiv no backfire,judder etc id say it might be ur ignition module. just wonderin is ur dizzy the 5wire or 2 wire one as mines the 5wire and there like gold dust.

Anonymous
23-08-01, 08:50 PM
mines the 2 wire one and a guy who was following behind me stopped and said feck me m8 you just shot a 3 feet flame out of your exhaust is there something wrong i put it down to me flooring the car to try and keep it going hence loads of fuel good as a party trick but the car is still a non runner another day another go X-(

Tracking the parts is a pain round here

Anonymous
27-08-01, 08:28 PM
i've got a coil,dizzy, leads, module etc if u need anything! p&p is only ?4 i think and i wont charge much!!
D1cko

Anonymous
27-08-01, 11:10 PM
cheers anyway dicko got sorted today replaced coil module and dizzy wish you had spoke earlier but thats just the way my week has gone so far hope it gets better ;)