PDA

View Full Version : Help Tips please!

Anonymous
26-08-01, 09:14 PM
Im on the look out for a 1400 SR (as my 1.2 got stolen). What are the things to look out for that might be knackard and things to steer clear of! Cheers

Anonymous
27-08-01, 07:31 AM
if its a nova walk away LOL only kidding
the usual rust on the rear arches!

Dave Pearce, hmm he mixes like a man with no hands

Anonymous
27-08-01, 11:17 AM
there is a comprehensive list of nova "blackspots" on http://www.nova-land.com

goto the homepage, and then click "The NOVA
History & Spec etc."

scroll down and ull find it on there somewhere B-)

Anonymous
27-08-01, 02:31 PM
In my experience rust spots are as cambridge says rear arches, engine bay around the battery tray, just below the suspension turrets, the left and right of the slam panel where the wing is supported, and on the seam on the right hand side. Other rusty areas could be in the boot (get down and have a look from underneith aswell) and on the front valance. For the engine just make sure it doesnt smoke or have a rattly cam shaft. As MC said to me when i bought my car, at the end of the day you can pick up another engine for ?100 - ?150 so its not too important (its nie to get a goodun though!) Common trick is for the seller to take it round the block first to warm the engine up so arrive 10 mins early :) Do a HPI check on the car to make sure it hasnt been stolen/outstanding finance/write off. You can usually tell if a car has been driven a lot by a shiny steering wheel and gear knob. If your not at all sure about any of it, pay the ?30 or whatever it is for a n AA inspection, just bear in mind there are very few really mint novas around these days on the 2nd hand market ;) gees i feel like Quentin Wilson aaaargh! :o

Novaload.NET Run What Ya Brung Day at Santa Pod, 9th September.