PDA

View Full Version : 2l conversion (help???)

peter c
09-02-07, 02:19 PM
:confused: ok well my plan is to do a 2l red top conversion wilst im podeling around in my 1l nova:eek: thing is i dont have a clue were to start got so many questions:

1) what gear box do i use?
2) what hubs do i use?
3) what drive shafts?
4) how different are the mounts?
5) what is acctualy needed? like can you help me come up with a list of parts?
6) is there a specific nova i should start off with to make it easyer, as im gunna buy another one to do the conversion anyway?
7) do i need a donar car like cav ?
8)(ill probs add some more later)

my list atm:
engine with box
gte shafts
ecu, loom and sensors from the 2l
any fuel injection nova to start (keeping tank and lines)
fuel pump
uprated barke and suspension
mounting kit
(any more?)

Any help at will be greatly appreciated!

og btw im pete just join hey every1 :)

Adam
09-02-07, 02:38 PM
1/The one with the 2L engine, f20/f16
2/Std nova ones
3/Nova gte shafts, with mk2 cav 1.6 inner cv's, std nova outers
4/The o/s mount needs lowering, and the rear needs spacing. You can get a complete mount kit for about ?50, that lowers the mount for you
5/Engine/box, gte shafts, engine loom and ecu, injection fuel tank and pump. Also need uprate the brakes(to 2L size), and the engine bay should be stitch welded along the seams to strengthen it
6/Yeah, any fuel injection engine nova is easier to start with, save swapping tank/lines. Just fit a mpi fuel pump to the fuel tank, or use the std fuel pump if its a sri/gte/gsi model
7/Nope, just need the engine/box/ecu/loom/all ancillaries(air flow meter etc) Altho you sometimes come off better with a donor car, as you can nick the brakes and make sure you get all the parts you need, and then sell the rest on...

Welcome to NL.

peter c
09-02-07, 02:52 PM
thanx. should keep busy find and pricing the bits