PDA

View Full Version : weber carbs

Anonymous
22-08-01, 02:07 PM
i know this gets asked alot, and i think ive asked already, but can anyone tell me which weber carbs will fit straight on to my 1.4sr and how much they cost?
cheers

Anonymous
22-08-01, 02:43 PM
a lot of weber carbs will fit. it depends on which one your after.

32/34 is your best bet. better fuel economy (unless your a lead footed warrior, then obviously it will go down), they are a more effecient carb, and it'll also give u around 5bhp...

they give off a nice induction roar as well mate with a free flow filter fitted.

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

[-monkcap.jpg-]

Anonymous
22-08-01, 03:02 PM
do you know how much they cost? and where to get them from, im sure there are places cheaper than demon tweeks.
cheers

Anonymous
22-08-01, 03:05 PM
also, will that one give the best performance?
cheers

Anonymous
22-08-01, 04:09 PM
both need new inlet manifolds but weber 32/34 is easier to set up. its better than the pieburg crap in every aspect and cheaper than 40s.

twin 40s do need new manifold 2 but they r ????????? for good uns. they give lots more ower but u gotta fill tank every 2 miles.

get the weber 32/34 dtml carb check mags and trader for prices. its just better pieburg carb with bigger jets.

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

send nova and mk3 astra gsi pics my way for my attempt at web design.

Anonymous
22-08-01, 06:20 PM
how about some 40s for ?80??
hey pag?!?!

[-flash.gif-]

Anonymous
22-08-01, 07:17 PM
4-speed are you selling some? if you are, what condition are they in? and what bits will i need to get? ie manifold or recon kit etc.

Anonymous
22-08-01, 08:11 PM
there was a lad off novaowners called garath seling a webber 36/36 carb fitted to a 1.3 sr manifold for ?200

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
22-08-01, 08:36 PM
My 32/34 DMTL (not DTML...check the lettering ;)) was ?15 including the manifold, but it needed re-building 'cos it was fooked, but the re-con kit was only ?29, so in the end, it was only ?44 for effectively a new carb!

My manifold is a standard 1.3 SR item, but you use a special adaptor bracket to make the Weber fit it. It's the same for the 1.4 manifold...make sure you get the right adaptor.

As for fuel efficiency, I'm getting 32 to 35mpg round town (not stuck in traffic though!), and I've had over 47mpg on a long motorway run :D

Anonymous
22-08-01, 08:56 PM
where should i look out for these carbs, i know they are quite hard to find. and should i only buy one from someone who is stripping a car? so i know there reasons for selling?
how much are they new? the demon tweeks catalogs arent detailed enough! lol
cheers for you help guys!