PDA

View Full Version : Snow!!

Nobby
08-02-07, 06:35 PM
Living in West Midlands we have a quite abit of snow today - so i decided to have a little play and gave my little 1.0 beast (hehe) to much revs and ended up sliding and hitting a kerb big style. Luckily Nova SR steelies are in the good books of kerbs!! just bent the rim!! - but my main point be careful lol :thumb:

Driver
08-02-07, 06:39 PM
i did same in the van got a hell of a puncture and my slightly rusty slam panel ended up sheering off :(

nvm getting welded up next week :D

while replacing the wheel i found why my brakes are better than they should be, there 2.0 16v brakes lol

Asa-James
08-02-07, 07:03 PM
round the car park and up my road (private, dead end). coolest looking 5mph drifting you'll ever see!

greg1.4
08-02-07, 07:12 PM
we had a flicker of snow today but wasnt enough to cover the groun in many places. Gutted!:(

Really hope we get snow as i want to go playing in my nova.lol
Was out last year and got it stuck in stupid angles.Was fun!lol

Welsh Dan
08-02-07, 07:44 PM
There was some tit in the car park where I park my car for work spinning his volvo as he kept giving it too much power and not understanding why it span lol.

Rich
08-02-07, 08:42 PM
I woke up to see people trying to park up their sloped driveways, first time i got to work early in ages lol

Mike
08-02-07, 08:44 PM
was gonna say, its been snowing in the midlands today almost non stop!

we got about 6inchs of snow here in wolvo lol

matt1chelski
08-02-07, 08:45 PM
I did the exact same thing, but got stuck lol. my mate and his 11 year old sister pushing it out, with me driving. spanked the rim a bit, and took the hubcap off, but noting too bad. noise it made was horrible though.

Nobby
08-02-07, 09:08 PM
noise it made was horrible though.

fuk yeah!!:eek:

General Baxter
08-02-07, 09:22 PM
WOO spinny spin lol

Ash
08-02-07, 09:30 PM
well i've had everything but snow, its really been 3 of the 4 seasons, brillant sun shine, followed by heavy downpour, followed by gusting winds, to warm again - mad. something to do with amercans all driving V8's i recon.

Ash

greg1.4
08-02-07, 09:37 PM
something to do with amercans all driving V8's i recon.

LMAO! I was told in school, that the americans are to blame!

Nobby
08-02-07, 09:39 PM
Blame The Yanks!!

stuartp
08-02-07, 10:45 PM
love the snow had loads of kerb hitting whilst acting cool doin a 5mph drift in the past ow and my mate just blew his golf up doin donuts. ha it was only his run around so no harm.

Geth
08-02-07, 10:55 PM
I had some fun on the way to work. Everyone tottering up the M4 at 20mph on the inside and middle lanes. FFS, the M4 has 3 lanes (in most places), why not use them? OK, the outside lane did have a bit more snow on it than the other 2 lanes but is everyone really so incompetent at driving that they can't handle a little bit of the slippy slidey stuff.

General Baxter
08-02-07, 11:04 PM
so incompetent at driving that they can't handle a little bit of the slippy slidey stuff.

thats me then lol

alltho i do have RWD 200bhp and a welded up rear diff :thumb:

Geth
08-02-07, 11:06 PM
Welded rear diff!? In the Snow!? That's fair enough then. you funkin mentalist. lol

Nobby
08-02-07, 11:11 PM
a welded up rear diff :thumb:
thats the way forward mate!! lol

COR3Y
08-02-07, 11:24 PM
absolutely nothing in kendal :mad: , never snows over this way - all we get is constant wind and rain, day in, day out, grrrrr
badly need some 'costly' fun in the french beast,

LUV2XLR8
08-02-07, 11:35 PM
some snow in swansea, was out earlia on a little lane and spun 90 degree's! absolutly shat myself, i thought the nova would have had it banks either side, its only been on the road since yeterday at 10 am lol

Ash
09-02-07, 12:26 AM
thats the way forward mate!! lol

Surely you mean sideways :p

Ash

ade
09-02-07, 10:55 PM
Snow! Snow - you aint seen snow till you come to Scotland!

We just under 12" up by us in places a few weeks ago! (like in my back garden - got a ruler out to measure it! lol)

Had a riot digging the car out then driving to work. Got stuck on a shallow hill and the police had to drag me out!

Took me over 2 hours to go just under 2 miles!

There were abandoned cars all over the place

Took the next 3 days off work till it was all gone - police advice heeded!

Mike
09-02-07, 11:04 PM

We just under 12" up by us in places a few weeks ago! (like in my back garden - got a ruler out to measure it! lol)

Had a riot digging the car out then driving to work. Got stuck on a shallow hill and the police had to drag me out!

Took me over 2 hours to go just under 2 miles!

There were abandoned cars all over the place

Took the next 3 days off work till it was all gone - police advice heeded!

lmao! sounds like my rents old house in bavaria (germany, on border with swiss alps)

execpt the abandoned cars, this was more like random reindeer walking about in 3ft of snow lol

rdanny
10-02-07, 12:17 AM
:thumb:i got home fine

greg1.4
10-02-07, 08:53 AM

We havnt had any snow up here in Dumfries. We had a flicker of snow on Thursday and that was it! Not even enough to cover the ground.:(