PDA

View Full Version : it seriously needs help!

45_CB
08-02-07, 11:36 AM
Well my car has run like an old grandad in a wheel chair since the early E16se GTE engine,

(Bosch management, Siemens ECU/Fuel computer, Airflow metre, with no cat or lamba sensor, jetronic setup etc) went in it.

Thing is i have played around with the idle screw on the throttle body and the emissions screw on the air flow metre and it seems to start a little quicker in the morning, as it used to take so long to get started the battery would go flat from using all the power.

Anyway since this it still doesnt go as it should, expect when it first starts in the morning for about 1-2mins u can drive it smoothly and its quick. but the last day the engine management light comes on if u put your foot down!?

well i havent actually got an engine management light, the GTE engine uses a fuel control computer or something, not an ECU

Anyone make any sense out of it all?

Adam
08-02-07, 11:52 AM
Fuel computer=ecu.

Try flashing out the fault codes.

45_CB
08-02-07, 12:36 PM
Fuel computer=ecu.

Try flashing out the fault codes.

not sure how to do that bud?

Adam
08-02-07, 12:47 PM
On the 10pin diagnostics plug, join points A and B together.
http://www.topbuzz1.carenthusiasts.co.uk/info/fault_codes/b001.gif

Then turn the ignition on and count how many times the engine management light flashes. Each code is repeated three times.

45_CB
08-02-07, 12:57 PM
would this work as i dont have an ECU as such

its the siemens e16se unit

thanks for help so far!

SRI crazy
08-02-07, 01:57 PM
your car will hav an ecu because you cant run a petrol fuel injection without one, it is under the dash

Adam
08-02-07, 02:42 PM
e16se has the fuel ecu ontop of the air flow meter.
And the ignition ecu on the bulkhead in the engine bay.

45_CB
10-02-07, 01:30 PM
ahh! i just thought, on the loom where the fuel pump relay connects, the ecu connects, the octane plug connects... theres a little plug with a blue cap on top.

is this the diagnostic plug on the E16se?

as my corsa used to have the plug next to the fuse box but assume it wouldnt be there anymore with the engine loom been changed