PDA

View Full Version : lowered tie bar mounts

H15 NVA
07-02-07, 08:53 PM
just wondering why its done and how?? im re building/re shelling my xe and not sure if should do it?

also what other mods like this are there? i know about boxing the lower arms didint know if there was anything else??

R1CH
07-02-07, 09:08 PM
Its supposed to help turn in & reduce it diving under braking, i've done it on mine and it seems spot on, You usually lower them by about 25mm.
Can't think of any similar mods to do tho.

Rich

Jeff16v
07-02-07, 09:08 PM
I was thinking of doing this myself. they say it prevents as much lift pulling away and acts like an anto dive kit under braking.

The kits i've seen are just several plates bolted held together by the original mounting bolts.

I would have thought that stiff enough front springs would have done the same job.

H15 NVA
07-02-07, 09:10 PM
Its supposed to help turn in & reduce it diving under braking, i've done it on mine and it seems spot on, You usually lower them by about 25mm.
Can't think of any similar mods to do tho.

Rich

cheers, how did you go about doin yours Rich??

Jeff16v
07-02-07, 09:11 PM
I was thinking of doing this myself. they say it prevents the front lifting to much pulling away and acts like an anto dive kit under braking.

The kits i've seen are just several plates bolted held together by the original mounting bolts.

I would have thought that stiff enough front springs would have done the same job under braking but i'm not sure about the pull away. Getting grip is gonna be more of a challenge!

R1CH
07-02-07, 09:18 PM
cheers, how did you go about doin yours Rich??

I had to lower the tie bars on mine to clear the F28, the rear of the tie bar was lowered by about 25mm so i lowered the front 50mm, i just welded a bit of 50mm x 50mm box section with some captive nuts welded in.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y221/ricmetcalf/Nova%20build%20pics/DSC00545.jpg

Rich

Chris
08-02-07, 05:14 PM
good mod there Rich.

I have some nice rose-jointed tiebars at home with lowered mounts on them, I will take a picture for you over the weekend so you can see how it is done.

Chris