PDA

View Full Version : awesome alfa destroyed

Asa-James
07-02-07, 08:48 PM
i have the privilage of working on some of the best looking cars in the world (but not much else is good about them) and shortly before xmas we had a 147 GTA towed in after the dozy woman owner took it through a "puddle" (engine dead, waterlogged interior, all summed up to several ?000's worth of damage) i found out today that the insurance company have written the beast off and it's going to the breakers.
and for those of you who dont know a GTA, that's 3.2 litres of italian hand built V6 pushing a standard 250bhp through the front tyres. shame to see one wrecked, but i'm now wondering if i can get the recaro interior before it goes...

Mike
07-02-07, 08:54 PM
is the said breakers in cheshire? if so, where abouts in relation to congleton, as ill be over that way on sat/sun

Asa-James
08-02-07, 06:58 PM
i've no idea whereabouts its going, only to the breakers yard

Mikey_J
08-02-07, 09:14 PM
You think thats bad? I work at a Saab garage and weve had a 2006 93 aero convertible worth 35k do the same thing!

Stanley
08-02-07, 09:18 PM
You should have seen at my work two years ago when Carlisle flooded

We got over 1000 cars in ranging form Kitted up Corsa's to Audi TT's, Mercs, BMW's, Jags etc etc - You name it, we had it.

All being written off on a CAT B

It was awesome!!

I did rather well out of it haha

tom reid
08-02-07, 09:22 PM
Get the Alfa lump out before the shell rusts away to nothing, probably take about a fortnight!