PDA

View Full Version : vx220 dash help?

edens-xe
07-02-07, 06:42 PM
as above i was thinking about putting the vx220 dials in my nova, i was hopeing someone has a wiring diagram for doing this or anyone with info on how to do it. ive only seen it done in one car and i think they look smart. obviously i will need to find one and i bet there not cheap!!!

any help on this i will be gratefull cherrs:thumb:

c20xesleeper
07-02-07, 06:47 PM
jesus mate think thats going to be costy . your going to need the wirering from the car as well . but it will be cool . good luck

Stuart
07-02-07, 06:54 PM
its not as bad as people make out.

only issue is you need to get a speed signal to the speedo, and the fuel gauge is a slag to tweek lol.

i think ive got a wiring diagram at work for it....

ps the vx dash isnt "that" great to be fair, and ive got one in its proper home lmao

edens-xe
07-02-07, 06:59 PM
its not as bad as people make out.

only issue is you need to get a speed signal to the speedo, and the fuel gauge is a slag to tweek lol.

i think ive got a wiring diagram at work for it....

ps the vx dash isnt "that" great to be fair, and ive got one in its proper home lmao
tbh i just like the look of them and its abit different. i do have a digi dash speed sensor, do you rekon that could work?

wots so bad about the fuel sender? would it be better to leave it and get an aftermarket one say splitfire gauge for instance?

Lee
07-02-07, 07:13 PM
Gsi sender works, but you need a lil circuit board to change the signal to one the dash can interpret. Like Stu said, the fuel sender needs a potentiometer to work properly. Put simply, its not too hard, but getting the bits to do it is the hard bit. Thats the point i got to where I gave up and used a GSi dash, so thats as far as my knowledge goes lol

Good luck!