PDA

View Full Version : Had my nova took off me

badboynova7
07-02-07, 12:33 AM
police took my nova the other day :cry: because it had no insurans so am looking for a new 1
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o133/badboynova7/SP_A0240.jpg

chris-gsi
07-02-07, 12:50 AM
no insurence did you leave it on the road or summit if its on ure drive it shouldnt matter. or was you driving it.lol

Lynsey
07-02-07, 12:52 AM
:roll: tut tut :roll:

dannyb
07-02-07, 12:56 AM
Will you insure this next one your looking for mate?

Pillar
07-02-07, 02:19 AM
can you get any bigger tyres? hahaha well gutted mate suppose itll teach ya! good luck finding your new motor

Driver
07-02-07, 07:44 AM
if it was parked on a driveway or on the road there fook all they can do so if this is the case go get it

also just steal it back from impound i did with me golf then sold it before they come back :D lol

Stuart
07-02-07, 08:09 AM
by looking at the way hes typed, and the "lovely" car... I'd guess he was driving it at the time...

In which case, tough 5hit.

Jack
07-02-07, 08:19 AM
by looking at the way hes typed, and the "lovely" car
And the username lol

So why did they take it? I'd guess there was a valid reason. The fuzz wouldn't just take your car for the fun of it, despite what people may think!

Dar
07-02-07, 08:49 AM
Don't they take them and crush them nowadays?

Jeff16v
07-02-07, 08:58 AM
Is that a poppy air freshener on the bonnet?lol

Jack
07-02-07, 09:07 AM
Don't they take them and crush them nowadays?
lmfao, yeah good point. They threaten it round here - I think at one of the kroooooooozes the local chav forum had, the police handed out loads of notices giving so many days to remove certain mods, pass an MOT and have the car inspected by the police else they'd be impounded by the police and crushed. Dunno if any did get squished, with some of the atrocities in Yeovil it'd be a good thing!

srs1
07-02-07, 09:21 AM
serves you right for driving it on the roads.

if you crashed into me whilst driving it. it wouldn't just be your car you'd have lost.

will people just learn.

insurance and road tax = just get it.
be legit and they cant take your car away from you.

Dar
07-02-07, 09:58 AM
Heading for the crusher (http://www.car-insurance-smasher.co.uk/crush-cars.php)

Sean - Head nail hit :)

chimp007_uk
07-02-07, 10:46 AM
can't you buy that one back? save you looking for a new one if you like it?!?

draper
07-02-07, 10:49 AM
you can go and get it back if you produce your docs, all is fine and you pay the fees

the police round here have took cars off people even tho there fully legit but the insurance didnt show up on the database - the upshot is that the owner had to pay ?105 for nothing the toshers !!!

L14MNP
07-02-07, 10:51 AM
Give the lad a chance to explain before you all flame him lol

I have every sympathy with him if it was parked up (public road or not)
*edit* I DO NOT condone driving it at all, but if it's just sitting there with tax and mot, I feel for the lad...
If the police decided to do a check on it and took away in that manner, pedantic ar$eholes most of the time imo, but yeah, if you were driving it, fcuk you. You deserve it, and any / all penalty points and higher future insurance premiums (should you wish to take up this 'optiion') that may come your way!

Donova
07-02-07, 11:13 AM
Don't they take them and crush them nowadays? They crush 'em here, they had a BMW that had been snatched (no insurance) outside the police station as an example, seems a waste but I suppose it's one less to worry about:roll:

dannyb
07-02-07, 11:41 AM
but yeah, if you were driving it, fcuk you. lollollol

Adam
07-02-07, 12:24 PM
Yeah im pretty sure it gets crushed within 14days if you dont produce all your documents....

Paul
07-02-07, 12:59 PM
I think if i remember correctly this bloke got the nova from his dad who owns a breakers and is only like 15 or something, may be completely wrong though....

Paul
07-02-07, 01:01 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73558 i was right

So hopefully he werent driving it...

loggyboy
07-02-07, 01:06 PM
Shame they didnt take you with it and crush the pair of you.

learn to write too.

Novadave06
07-02-07, 01:29 PM
its your own fault ! its jerks like you that make insurance and tax go up

draper
07-02-07, 02:26 PM
the recovery company can apply to dispose of the car 7 days after removal, it takes the police 7 days to respond hence 14days, however some recovery companies keep them ages and if the owner cant afford to pay the release (ive seen them into the ????s) the owner can simply sign the car over to the recovery firm, happens mainly with stolen revovered vehicles tho when the persons insurance firm pay-up they dont care of the car

badboynova7
07-02-07, 05:29 PM
the car was on the street with no tax n test and some repoted that i was drivin it when i was only revin it sum1 dose not like me lol yes the price is 105pound pluse 12pound a day

loggyboy
07-02-07, 05:33 PM
So you were in control of a car without a license on a public road. Serves you right.

draper
07-02-07, 05:47 PM
^^ yep, thats the law

Mikey_J
07-02-07, 05:54 PM
Gaskell springs 2 mind here....Im sure i saw him on msn the other day with a nova in his dp the same colour as that!

Timmy
07-02-07, 05:58 PM
i can understand were everyones coming fomr , the other day i cleaned my New gsi on the road. its got no tax, mot and so on, once clean i jumped in and spun in around and back on the drive . i couldn't help but have a quick go up and down thee road, not even 100 yards . i most likey setting myslef up for a slagging but i just wonderd what people though if doing this.
P.S she fast in 1st

draper
07-02-07, 06:06 PM
my car also used to sit outside my flat on the road, has tax and mot but no insurance and i haved moved it a few times to round the back of mine to work on etc

rednova
07-02-07, 06:07 PM
ah weve all done it at somepoint - even if its driving your project car back into the garage etc

JSeymour
07-02-07, 06:11 PM
tbh that nova isnt worth over ?100 so let it get ccrushed.

ive done that before timmy. when i had my gte sitting on the drive waiting for my 18th so i could get insured, just had to take it for a spin round the block.

tom reid
07-02-07, 07:31 PM
Tough one matey, but if you learn from this experience.......

Mike
07-02-07, 07:38 PM
tough titties matey

ANDYRACER
07-02-07, 07:53 PM
So you were in control of a car without a license on a public road. Serves you right.

Never knew that :eek:

Ive done that loads of times when my car was parked outside my house.

Donova
07-02-07, 08:31 PM
Yeah, don't have to drive miles to kill someone:roll:

Lee
07-02-07, 09:30 PM
Tis true, technically you can be done for drink driving by being in the close vecinity of your car with the keys on your person. You dont even have to be in the fecker!!

Dave.
07-02-07, 09:33 PM
dad does that stuff up this way, you have 14 WORKING days to collect it before it gets crushed, the only way you could get round it is if someone with a traders policy and a full dvla lisence goes in and claim it, what name is on the certificate that was given to you? should be a yellow type form.

pm me if you need any help

dave

Dave.
07-02-07, 09:35 PM
mines not registered to me, no tax no mot and no insurance.

aslong as it is off the road and on a path/drive they cannot take it offf you.

draper
07-02-07, 09:35 PM
but recovery firms will let anyone with fully comp insurance pick it up, there was a guy in the paper who fetched 165 cars in 1 day !! great, so all the chavs get the car took off them, pay some dodgy geezer in the pub with a fully comp policy and they get it back :roll:

draper
07-02-07, 09:37 PM
Tis true, technically you can be done for drink driving by being in the close vecinity of your car with the keys on your person. You dont even have to be in the fecker!!

but most coppers dont know that either - you can get done by simply having your car keys in your pocket while pished technically

novacabrio
07-02-07, 09:40 PM
NO reply back would suggest he was driving it, serves you F*cking right mate

edit... just relised you have replied lol,

H15 NVA
07-02-07, 09:57 PM
yeah because you have the keys and are near the car its classed as "drunkenly in charge of a motor vehicle" or summin silly!!! people have been done in the past for sleeping in pub carpark in the car even thou sensible enough not to have driven home!! how stupid!

Dave.
07-02-07, 09:59 PM
thinkl its gone abit tighter down here then, as well everyone virtually has no insurance on there cars, and 99.9% of people are chavs lol

badboynova7
07-02-07, 10:29 PM
can u get done 4 pushin a car coz thats wat i did i used 2 push it up 2 the garage

Dan
07-02-07, 10:43 PM
havent read the thread, but what i have noticed is your crap text typing, please read the following link..........

http://www.novaload.net/forum/announcement.php?f=9

Dave.
07-02-07, 10:44 PM
i think its if you have the keys in your posetion, bieng under 17 then they would take it off you because your not legally allowed too won it, plus a 14yrold pushing it would look abit suspitious.

i have my car keys on me all the time, if i ever get caught i just say that they are my dads car keys as he left them at a mates house, my dad allways backs me up

do you know anyone with a traders policy?

badboynova7
07-02-07, 11:25 PM
yes my dad

Jack
07-02-07, 11:38 PM
I thought the police were trying to, or had stopped, that thing where anyone can pick the car up - they want the named person on the V5 to collect...

draper
08-02-07, 09:58 AM
yeah they are but most recovery firms are monkeys and as such dont undersdtand anything !! also if they can make ?250 out of some idiot, they will

Lucky Luke!
08-02-07, 04:52 PM
My mate got done for being drunk in charge cause he went to his car to get a coat to walk home in. Feckers.

And its looks likek they may have done you a favour mate, what is that on your bonnet?

london_chris
08-02-07, 09:48 PM
im sorry but at the begining of this post he was criticised for the way he writes and his name saying that it must make him drive with no insurance, i dont agree with this as i grew up in london,thats how i spoke and talked but thats how i grew up, i like to wear a bit of burberry, but i dont act like a bellend, isnt sayin because you write like that makes you a chav then driving a nova does? so take that back lol

Dave.
08-02-07, 10:50 PM
yeah they are but most recovery firms are monkeys and as such dont undersdtand anything !! also if they can make ?250 out of some idiot, they will

hoi draper, thats my f*ckin dad your talking abot, take that back lol

Jon_nova1
08-02-07, 10:53 PM
you cant argue with that though lol, they seem happy when they get money, when i crashed my old nova, it got took away because i left it there because i couldn't get it home, we went the police station because we didn't know if it had been towed, but i thought it would have been, they said, i've got to go with my licence, V5 insurance etc, and i rang up, they just said turn up with the money and IDlol

draper
08-02-07, 11:55 PM
hoi draper, thats my f*ckin dad your talking abot, take that back lol

i used to work for a recovery firm, i know exactly how much it costs and how much profit is involved ;)

Dave.
09-02-07, 12:08 AM
ye, its ?12 a day for cars, ?6 for bikes, ?105 stat removal, ?120 owners request, ?19 admin, and we dont get that wuth.

no offence but the police are allways lyin, they say you need all this n that when really to get the car out u need proofe of who you are or proof of your connected to the car, and whatever the fee is.

draper, am i right on them charges?

srs1
09-02-07, 06:31 PM
bottom line is still this.

weather you moved the car or not. it is always best to get the car fully covered to protect yourself.

that way no one can do you wrong.
cars parked on the side of the road are seen as an chance for joy riders.
not saying you are, but in todays society people would rather skin up etc etc then pay there insurance and tax.

if you are geniune, then i hope you learn the lesson.

but at the end of it.

YOU only have yourself to blame for letting this happen.