PDA

View Full Version : what to look for

richi
06-02-07, 10:42 PM
was thinking about starting a new project, after selling my old nova

the old one was already fully done up apart from a few little things so never felt like it was my own.

now i have moved out and got a garage with the new house i am after learning how to do all the bodywork side off things, beforw you all worry about me destroying a nova my dad and a few off my friends work in bodyshops so it will turn out okay!!!!

just wondering what i should look for as in problem spots as im looking for a cheap nova so doesnt matter about having tax or mot or even a engine as its going to be sat in the garage for a long time!!!!!!

what are the main rust spots or problem areas to look out for, such as the rear 1/4 panels stuff like that, cheers lads:thumb:

rednova
06-02-07, 10:53 PM
well rear inner arches (behind wheel) - chassis legs front and rear etc - front panel, behind the turrets/inner wings , any welded join have a prod if it shows signs off corrosion, check underneath the front wings inner arches too those welds rust like a bugger, and the obvious bits - sills, arches rear panel, boot floor check wher the floor meets the sills on the inside too jacking points, just have a good poke about and you'll be fine !!!

hth

Phil

L14MNP
06-02-07, 11:02 PM
Check everywhere bar the tyres mate! lol

Welsh Dan
06-02-07, 11:57 PM
Front edge of the battery tray is a firm favourite too.

Pillar
07-02-07, 02:40 AM
hahaha good luck! need any advise on the bodywork just pm me bud always willing to lend a hand!

richi
07-02-07, 06:17 PM
so just rip it to pieces and get dirty in the process is the advicelol

draper
07-02-07, 06:20 PM
so just rip it to pieces and get dirty in the process is the advicelol

pretty much fella

and also check the tyres, check everything, twice :thumb:

rdanny
07-02-07, 11:42 PM
Check everywhere bar the tyres mate! lol

i agree