PDA

View Full Version : insuring two cars

Asa-James
06-02-07, 10:10 PM
no doubt been asked before, but i'm looking to insure two novas soon (when i get my mint sr) and wondered what the best way around this was. i'm still a named driver on my old mans, but want to go on my own, and have one car as a runabout and the sr as a limited mileage policy. anybody in the same situation? cheers all!

Jack
06-02-07, 10:28 PM
Insure the second car as a classic. You can limit the mileage, and not use or accrue any NCB. I'll be doing that with the saloon.

rdanny
08-02-07, 12:35 AM
fully comp is best but you gotta be 25 i think,

you can only drive one at a time theres nothing stopping you swaping insurance over every 7 or 8 weeks they would just charge you a admin fee, when i did it it was about ?17

Jack
08-02-07, 01:32 AM
fully comp is best but you gotta be 25 i think
No age restriction on FC, I was 18 and FC on my old nova. However its not really worth it unless you have an agreed valuation.

If you're thinking of the "fully comp lets you drive other cars" thing, nobody does that any more. And besides, the other car would require some form of insurance on it for you to do it.

Just thought, Admiral and Direct Line both do Multicar policies, dunno how much cheaper they are tho.

rdanny
08-02-07, 06:13 PM
my renewal is in april sometime i think,

i asked them last year about other cars they said i have to be 25+
i'll try it again this year but my problem is im not 25 till september so DAMM

i'll be sure to post when i finally get there.

oh one other thing my uncles bird has a pergeot and as it goes as im insured (on my car) and she has her car insured for anyone who has there own insurance and a full licence to drive i dont treally understand that one all i know is loads of people can drive it, i dont see her alot and as far a i know her rich daddy pays the premium so i cant really find out any details, sorry bit of a pointless post but i thought i'd mention it

ANDYRACER
08-02-07, 06:19 PM
Im doing the same, ive got my cavalier insured in my dads name with as a named driver, and my nova insured in my name so i get my 1 years no claims :thumb:

Jack
08-02-07, 07:04 PM
tut tut fronting lol

oh one other thing my uncles bird has a pergeot and as it goes as im insured (on my car) and she has her car insured for anyone who has there own insurance and a full licence to drive i dont treally understand that one all i know is loads of people can drive it, i dont see her alot and as far a i know her rich daddy pays the premium so i cant really find out any details, sorry bit of a pointless post but i thought i'd mention it
Some companies do that, but again there's usually an age restriction. And costs the earth lol

Dan
08-02-07, 08:06 PM
I insure two cars in my own name, what i have is the v6 omega insured for 200 notes with elephant, and the nova with hic for 160 notes (ok age has an advantage). I did this by letting hic 'mirror' my no claims over to the nova as i had all the proof that it existed.

This wont be an issue on this case as you are obviously still young all be it becoming wise and realising your mistake being insured under your parents, but for anyone else looking at this dilemma and reading this thread its something that can be asked when insuring a second car

stevie78
08-02-07, 08:39 PM
just got a quote from endssleigh insurance. 518 nova 1300 with 40s suspention brakes all declared plus 18 zetec focus standard. what they do is mirror ur no claims from 1 car 2 the other :)