PDA

View Full Version : C16SE Engine work?

Mike
06-02-07, 07:34 PM
Right, the SR is very soon having a C16SE fitted, it'll be having a 4-1 manifold (with decat) aswell as an Ashley System, but, ive not really got no experience messing with EFi nova's as ive only had one (for 2 months lol)

so, what kinda other bits are out there that most of you lot have got/used on your engines? As in what from where, guestimate bhp etc etc

Just gauging as to what i can do to get a good healthy 140bhp+ at the flywheel

Mike

Adam
06-02-07, 07:35 PM
On std management theres not too much scope for mods.

Aftermarket fuel/spark management is the way forward, if you want to stick with efi.
150bhp possible on std inlet and throttle body, with a good cam etc.

Mike
06-02-07, 07:38 PM
etc.

etc being?? this is what im after, i know all the usual stuff, gas flowed heads, big valves etc, im afer anything other then this

like superchips, are they even worth the hassle & ??? lol (tbh i think the answer is no anyway lol)

Adam
06-02-07, 07:56 PM
Cam(290-300deg duration)
Could have headwork done if you want..... Flows well as std tho.
I'd leave it at that on the std ecu, as thats about its limit.

That would probably leave you at about 115bhp, with the de-cat.
Depending on how the ecu handles the cam...

If it were me i'd fit a set of t40s, Or my preferred option stick with the normal inlet, could fit a larger tb, 2.0xe injectors, then buy and have a mapped a standalone ecu. Megasquirt is the budget option, but works well.
Dta, emerald, mbe are more expensive. 140-150bhp is possible on 40s, or on aftermarket management.

I guess it comes down to how much you have spend?

Mike
06-02-07, 08:00 PM
i think i may just cam it, a decent head, and 50 shot of N2O tbh

i think that would satisfy me for a little while

Adam
06-02-07, 08:01 PM
Could do yeah.
Just fit the nitrous/fuels jets into the inlet trunking. Sorted.

Mike
06-02-07, 08:02 PM
Could do yeah.
Just fit the nitrous/fuels jets into the inlet trunking. Sorted.

yeah fcuk it, think i might do that actually. If it explodes all the more reason to go big block lol heeheehee lol lol