PDA

View Full Version : alternator

Anonymous
15-08-01, 11:18 AM
I know this a pretty pointless question but it's doin my head in.My engine makes a really annoyin sqeullin noise when runnin.since it got very(I mean very very) wet the problem has got worse and it does my box in.My mate reckons it's the alternator bearings.what do I need to do to shut the stupid thing up coz it ounds gay.I mean peopel hate bein roasted by a sqeuking car :-)
Cheers

I hate red 1.1 saxo drivers!! Wrote of my car :-(

Anonymous
15-08-01, 11:23 AM
NOt the belt slipping is it?

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)] "Q/ (Squirrel)

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
15-08-01, 04:18 PM
fan belt slipping or your water pump is on the way out.

Kill your speed !!!
Not a Squirrel !!!

Anonymous
15-08-01, 05:27 PM
can't see it being the belt slippin can it as it would fuck alot of things up and it seems(not had it out for three weeks) to be runnin allright(needs a tune though) also the ater pump is only around a year old. Any other ideas??

stop.............................................. ....................................Carry on!!

Anonymous
15-08-01, 05:55 PM
just had similar problem with mine, i sprayed wd40 over the alternator and it cured it, must just be moisture that has got into the bearing or similar.

Novaload.NET Run What Ya Brung Day at Santa Pod, 9th September.

Anonymous
15-08-01, 05:59 PM
id do a twist test on the belt, if u can twist it more than 90 degrees its too slack hence noise.

my alternator makes a bit of a noise but nothing much. but use a long screwdriver and listen to alternator when car is idling.

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

send nova and mk3 astra gsi pics my way for my attempt at web design.

Anonymous
16-08-01, 09:44 AM
cat he just use his ears and listen?
why does he need the long screwdriver to help?

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
16-08-01, 10:04 AM
for small noises its good to use a small metal object, it amplifies the sound slightly. eg. good for camshaft rattle etc

Novaload.NET Run What Ya Brung Day at Santa Pod, 9th September.

Anonymous
16-08-01, 11:16 AM
to check the alternator bearings take the fan belt off then run it up the road and see if its squeals if it does it cant be the alternator as it isnt turning