PDA

View Full Version : Engine Trouble

Anonymous
14-08-01, 01:23 PM
right hopefully someone here cna help me figure out what is definetly up with my engine before i pay out for the wrong problem or end up having to pay someone to strip my engine to find out whats up...

Its running perfectly as ive just had it roling roaded at 80 bhp....but the engine block is making one hell of a racket....theres nothing clacking around its just really loud basically... makes one hell of a roar when going fast and louder than usual when idle, instead of a nice smooth sound...the fact that the engine makes more noise than my exhaust is a bit worrying really :-/

The rolling road chap suggested it could be the valve bearings in the block but someone who i know had a quick listen and reckoned it was the valve guides.. how do i tell which it is or narrow the problem down so i can get someone to look at a specific part instead of charging loads to strip the whole thing

Cheers for any help, need to get it sorted this month so i can get on with buying the bodykit and fitting that plus the new spray job

Anonymous
14-08-01, 02:22 PM
i'll have a listen when i'm next arround

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
14-08-01, 04:08 PM
Come down to Santa Pod and we can all have a good listen.

Its unlikely to be your valve guides, coz if they had worn it would be putting extra strain on your stem seals and you would probably be blowin smoke. The valve bearings are in the head. you could have worn shells which would cause a rumble or vibration. It could be any number of things though and you just cant tell without hearing it, and sometimes without taking things apart to see.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)] "Q/ (Squirrel)

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
14-08-01, 10:42 PM
well i get bit of smoke now and again....but ive seen what happens with fuked up valve seals (as in james bond smoke screen style smoke) with my mates car :)

Ne ways ill come and harass u at the cruise on september the 1st of ur at that Ste :) should still be alive by then