PDA

View Full Version : Which bumpers fit the MK2 Novas?

ChampagneSuperNova
05-02-07, 10:01 PM
Right, i need to get something straight, as im not really knowledged on novas - i need your professional help :thumb: r49 and i are working on his nova and aiming to make it look as clean cut as we can. It's a J reg, thats an MK2 right?

when r49 first bought his nova he saw some bargain priced bumpers and bought them, but im sure they must be for mk1 novas as its left a gap under the front grill and headlights.

What i wanna know is what bumpers would work with the Mk2, i.e what trim shall i search for on ebay? i.e GSI front bumper etc? (rather than keep searching Mk2 nova front bumper etc- as this turns over few results)

Thanks alot guys, sorry about my lack of knowledge on novas! :tard:

Iain
05-02-07, 10:07 PM
If it has a slight dip in the middle of the bumper below the grille then the bumpers are for a mk1, yes. The GSi is the top-spec mk2 model so searching for those bumpers would be a good idea. Hope this helps.

ChampagneSuperNova
05-02-07, 10:09 PM
Brilliant, that gives me a start thanks mate!

Know of any other Mk2s that would fit?:)

Iain
05-02-07, 10:12 PM
There was only two types of (Vauxhall) front mk2 bumpers made; the GSi one and the ones that came on everything below GSi trim. Rear bumpers are pretty much identical on all mk2 models (GSi has a small exhaust cut-out) so no real point in buying a GSi rear!

ChampagneSuperNova
05-02-07, 10:26 PM
Thats great thanks alot mate! The Mk1 rear bumper that is fitted seems to be fine though, and looks pretty good too. :)