PDA

View Full Version : whats needed??

doherty
05-02-07, 08:55 PM
looking to find out whats all needed to get a 1.6 running on bike carbs??( R1,gsxr,'blade,..pick the best lol)
it'll have a GTE head ( or better..if there is 1) an a bogg brothers inlet...just looking to find out about dizzys,pumps,petrol tanks etc,etc...also rough jet sizes?? and any other mods that would help that wouldnt cost a fortune...4 branch,cam (not too lairy tho) lol etc...

thanks..:thumb:

Adam
06-02-07, 12:27 AM
Facet electric pump with regulator.
Or std mech nova pump.

You can use the 1.4nv dizzy and coil, altho you want mappable ignition to get the most from the engine.

As for jet sizes, best speaking to bogg bros, i think you just drill them out to a guestimate of the size you required.

mikey14sr
06-02-07, 09:48 AM
If the bike the carbs come off has an electric pump then use that, as it will be set to the correct pressure allready.
To get the most value from fitting them you'll want a camshaft of around 290-300 degree duration.

doherty
08-02-07, 11:15 PM
thanks lads... wat is a 1.4nv engine out of??( corsa,astra) etc etc im lost with engine names lol

will my petrol tank be ok??? its a 1.0 pishrod at the min...

is the GTE head good enough?? ive been told they have slightly bigger valves but want to see if theres any truth in it before i start buyin...

any cam manufactures(sp) you'd reccommend???

anybody wanna give me a rough ballpark power figure with said work done??with a ported head threw in there too lol

thanks again lads

Adam
09-02-07, 12:37 AM
1,4nv=Nova 1.4SR
& Mk2 Astra iirc

You will need either fit/use a carb tank/lines and pump, or a Injection tank/pump/lines. The 1tr one is no use to you.

Std GTE head is fine, they have bigger valves than 1.2/1.3/1.4sr heads.

Something around Kent AST2, Piper BP300 would be my choice.

Power wise, probably same as t40s, around 130 ish bhp.

doherty
09-02-07, 05:11 PM
thanks a million lad...mucho appreaceated (sp)

was thinkin my tank and lines were usless...jus wanted it verafied lol

feel free to suggest any other mods you'd reccommend...jus aslong as they are sensible an wont cost as much as prescotts lunch lol

thanks again...