PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum

shaunmods
05-02-07, 07:45 PM
Hi everyone. I'm Shaun, Just turned 16 and from the midlands.
Been a Nova fan for many years and have now decided its time to start looking for one to have as a little project for myself.

Got a few ideas going round my head at the moment. Most likely a 1.0l and 1.2l as it will be my first car with a few sutitle mods like GSI bumpers, nice set of alloys (quite like the Speedline Alsio wheels), exhaust, lowering etc. One thing I will say is that I will not be having any of these huge chavvy bodykits lol . Not into that sort of thing.

Been searching the web for a little while, mainly ebay. However trying to find a good condition car at the right price and not too far away is proving to be quite a task.

Will keep you updated and will hopefully have something to work with in the next month or two.

Thanks
Shaun :)

(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/16-Speedline-Alesio-2-Alloy-Wheels-Only_W0QQitemZ200074501351QQihZ010QQcategoryZ28648 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Ste L
05-02-07, 08:01 PM
hi welcome

Pillar
05-02-07, 08:02 PM
welcome to novaload

c20xesleeper
05-02-07, 08:03 PM
nova in good condition hahaha you must be kidding me mate

tom reid
05-02-07, 08:20 PM
Welcome mate, I've got a few bits and bobs for free when you get a Nova.

BigStan
05-02-07, 08:23 PM
Hi its all fun on here enjoy your stay

Jack
05-02-07, 08:23 PM
Welcome to NL.

Bear in mind parts from differently spec-ed Novas will still count as mods in the eyes of insurance.

Dave.
05-02-07, 08:30 PM
welcome to novaload :thumb:

Iain
05-02-07, 08:35 PM
Nice one on holding out for a good (or fairly decent) shell and not rushing out and buying the first one you see. Should pay off in the long run. :thumb:

Lozzie C
05-02-07, 09:13 PM
Welcome to the site!
Keep an eye out on the 'for sale' threads on here, as you may just find what you're looking for!
:D:thumb:

Does having an SR with steelies and putting SR alloys on it count as a modification?

Welcome to NL.

Bear in mind parts from differently spec-ed Novas will still count as mods in the eyes of insurance.

Jack
05-02-07, 09:23 PM
Yes, anything it didn't leave the factory with is a mod. However you may be able to wing it as the SRs had them as an optional extra. Although some insurance companies now like to know what factory options the car has, alloys are a favourite choice of theirs to know about.

shaunmods
06-02-07, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Shaun :)

L14MNP
06-02-07, 11:14 PM
Welcome mate :thumbs:

You can 'get away' with little mods imo, like my mates pug 205 gti (1600) we fitted a 1900 gti rear beam - disc conversion. Then he crashed it lol
Nothing said :D
If they had, i would have played ignorant lol "I bought it like that" who's to know :S

Jack
07-02-07, 09:03 AM
If they had, i would have played ignorant lol "I bought it like that" who's to know :S
Reminds me of an amusing anecdote lol. Mate of mine had a dark metallic blue fiesta, which he cleverly parked in a ditch one day. Claimed on the insurance, assessor had a look, agreed to repair, took note of a few things including the colour code from the VIN plate and sent it to the bodyshop to be repaired. Few days later, said mate gets a call from the insurance company saying they had withdrawn their payout "in the event of undeclared modifications". Turns out the bodyshop had got the paint in, and was completely the wrong shade of blue; the car had been resprayed with a darker blue and my mate was none the wiser! Now when looking at cars he always does a bit of colour research first lol

Moral of the story, ignorance isn't an excuse unfortunately :(

nova 1.4 modified
07-02-07, 09:50 AM
lol dude that sucks, what mods do insurance need to know of then?

Jack
07-02-07, 10:02 AM
lol dude that sucks, what mods do insurance need to know of then?
Erm, all of them? lol

SRlew
07-02-07, 10:13 AM
welcome to novaload mate!

and yes declare all mods!

L14MNP
07-02-07, 11:30 AM
Erm, all of them? lol

lol classic

Sucks for your mate RJ! I fully declare all my shiznit so meh
One thing which dissapoints me however, I've only pulled in my Nova twice since last June! The 5-0 don't care, maybe cos I don't fit the 'typical Nova driver' profile? lol
Only time I wear sportswear is when I'm off to the gym.
Time to start goin to krooooozes and wearin tracky b's tucked in socks lol
Maybe the police see tasteful examples and realise they are more likely to be in the hands of the enthusiasts these days?