PDA

View Full Version : sri ecu light problem!

alan b
04-02-07, 10:35 PM
right just put an sri engine into me nova and its running ok but is way overfuelling, the ecu light is on, and is misfiring a bit, just realised there is no thermostat in it would that cause the light to come on? also if the temp switch under the distributer was nakered would that cause this problem?

Adam
05-02-07, 12:29 AM
Ye the coolant sender under the dizzy would make it overfuel.

No thermostat wouldn't tho.

alan b
05-02-07, 05:21 PM
i changed that sensor and made no difference! i have a 1.6 mpi astra pump in my car and it was too big for the tank so i took the filter off it. my sri engine was 92 so i thaught the only fuel regulator was beside the pump under the boot, i put that regulator on the fuel line near the manifold would this set up over fuel it?

Adam
05-02-07, 06:25 PM
Thats not a regulator, its the filter.
MPi's have the reg on the fuel rail.

mickymoose
05-02-07, 06:59 PM
i had an SRi years ago mate and a faulty air flow meter connection made the light come on all the time with a slight missfire. might be way off the mark but thought i might as well mention it

rybo
05-02-07, 10:33 PM
lambda sensor?

SRI crazy
05-02-07, 10:59 PM
it could b the cold start sticking on and dat would make it overfuel, or a sticking injector mite b the culprity 2

alan b
05-02-07, 11:43 PM
right ill check the two sensors on the throttle body and the injectors! it was stood for a while so could be anything! at long live the nova, on my one there was a little bottle type thingy with a bolt on the top of it, and i can look right through it is that not the regulator? also where on the rail is the regulator? oh and tryed two different lamda sensors didnt help!

loggyboy
05-02-07, 11:54 PM
Thats not a regulator, its the filter.
MPi's have the reg on the fuel rail.

Its not the filter, but as you say its not the reg either. I cant remember what it does but not much.

Adam
06-02-07, 12:17 AM
If he's using a spi tank, its either a fuel filter or flow damper i think there called. Sure its a filter tho.

Are you using a 1.4 ecu?

The reg is a small cylinder thing bolted to the right hand side of the rail.

alan b
06-02-07, 01:10 AM
ah that yoke!! its a spi tank but i put the mpi pump in and took the regulator off the sri pump! also when people use mpi pumps how do you get the filter to fit? ya the sri ecu! too out the plugs a while ago there only in two days and are jet black!!

Riggy
06-02-07, 02:53 PM
when you say you took the regulator of the sri pump , are you talking about the external pumps that sits under the rear leg and if you are its a diaphram damper lol

Adam
06-02-07, 03:48 PM
You have to fit the mpi internal pump into the SPi pump housing.
The pump itself is just the small metal cylinder.

alan b
07-02-07, 01:58 AM
lovely job is it easy to take the pump apart? and i found the problem, there was no vacuum going to the map sensor!! which vacuum am i sopused to connect it to? the one at the side or the bottom of the throtle body?

Adam
07-02-07, 12:16 PM
Yeh its easy take the pump housing apart.
Haynes says how.

The map sensor will connect the the vacuum hose that sits behind the throttle plate. I dont have a sri inlet to hand so can't give you an exact location.