PDA

View Full Version : SPI running problems

db_1.2
03-02-07, 11:47 PM
Ok here we go, the car starts fine and runs well UNTILL all of a sudden the fuel gauge will drop right down to empty but the car will still cough and splutter just managing to run, then the gauge will go back up to how much is in there but when the car is placed into reverse it will completely conk out all together, the car has a tendency to stop running when approaching round abouts (maybe just coincedental) anyway tomorow ill be checking the fuel pump, lines, all connecting wires and earths within the engine bay (main earths) has anyone else had this problem before any other tips?:confused:

Adam
03-02-07, 11:53 PM
Fuel pump/lines wont be affecting the fuel guage tho...
Sounds like an earth problem for the fuel sender or something.

Does it run rough at the exact time the guage does down?

db_1.2
03-02-07, 11:56 PM
Ummm see thats the strange thing mate, it runs ok when gauge shows empty but i guess thats becuase theres still fuel to the engine then it will just cut out all together, thinking about finding a 1.2 carb head now to be honest if it would fit the nz block, but yeh ill get this fixed first, thanks for the help, cant really do a lot now, bit dark Lol but ill have a look tomorow and let you know how i get on buddy thanks for the advice:thumb:

mikey14sr
04-02-07, 10:22 AM
I had a similar problem with the astra around christmas (not with the fuel gauge though, just the cutting out). Dissconected the battery for an hour (this resets the ecu) while I removed and cleaned the idle control valve and it's been fine ever since.

db_1.2
04-02-07, 02:42 PM
Fixed, well as far as i know!lol:thumb: