PDA

View Full Version : quaife atb diffs

doug_sri
03-02-07, 10:50 PM
I have the quaife diff out my car just now and when I put a shaft in and spin it the diff operates like a normal standard vauxhall diff. Can anyone else try this for me if they have a atb diff sitting out just now. Just trying to confirm there is something up with my diff.

Cheers

Stuart
04-02-07, 07:30 AM
yes thats normal for it to behave like a normal open diff untill it fancies locking up.... for that very reason i dislike ATB's. But they are maintainence free so thats handy for some.

doug_sri
04-02-07, 09:57 AM
is there a way for me to test it when its out of the car, last night when i was out in the nova the diff bearing disintegrated so once i was towed home i took the box out and split it open. Hope its ok as im sure before it used to spin both front wheels when i had it jacked up and spun one although maybe having a buggered bearing had something to do with it not working right. Also anyone know any companies that will fit an atb into an F28, dont fancy doing it myself again

Stuart
04-02-07, 10:20 AM
where are you?

no real way to test out of the car, BUT to be fair it shouldnt be damaged...

doug_sri
07-02-07, 05:52 PM
where are you?

no real way to test out of the car, BUT to be fair it shouldnt be damaged...

they rang today but im offshore so they spoke to my mum. To fix the diff it will be ?280+vat :cry:

have emailed them to ask them whats is needs as they say its needs two parts

Chunky Lover
07-02-07, 07:54 PM
With a plate diff would there be much of a difference?