PDA

View Full Version : zorst swap

Anonymous
08-08-01, 11:04 PM
Since I'm considering buying a GSi, I was wondering if I could swap my zorst over from my 1.3 to the GSi?

I've recently ditched the Peco system, and got a mint JP Stainless system instead. If I buy the GSi I'm interested in, I'd like to be able to swap over the zorst, but I have a feeling I can't :( but can I?
Would it need modifying, and does it meet up with the down-pipes in the same place or not?

I got the JP second hand for ?60, so it's not like I'm going to loose loads of cash on it, but I'd still like to keep it if I can, 'cos it's a mint sounding and mint looking zorst :)

Cheers.

Anonymous
09-08-01, 12:19 PM
well my m8 dicko had a peco back box running on his SR with GTE engine and shit in...

email him for details: c00l_female@hotmail.com

he has it on his new engine too, not sure I can tell u wot it is tho :)

Say Dave sent u.

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D

Anonymous
09-08-01, 12:53 PM
1.4 and 1.6 are the same except 4 the position of the front bracket that joins to gearbox, but I dont use that anyway. There is a good chance the 1.3 will be the same except for exit angle.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)]

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
09-08-01, 02:01 PM
i thought the angle of the downpipe to center section joint was different on the 1.6 from the 1.3/1.4
dicko was using the full 1.3 system, manifold and all he's got a 1.6 16v now, oops wasn't i suppost to say

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
09-08-01, 02:35 PM
Ste, I had a look at my exhaust and at Nova-runs exhaust system and the point where they meet up with the manifold appear to be the same. We both have magnex systems though so it may be something to do with that, although on his 1.4 he didn't have the magnex manifold.

2.0 16v on its way soon!!!! :D

Anonymous
09-08-01, 02:45 PM
I`ve got the full 1.6 GSi magnex system and manifold. I`ve used it on both my 1.4 and 1.6. The port sizes are the same. If your existing system all fits together, it will line up as the 1.3 block is the same. The only doubt is the port shapes.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)] "Q/ (Squirrel)

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
09-08-01, 02:57 PM
ive got a mk1 magnex system on my mk2 sr. i also know someone with a mk1 magnex system (for a sr) on a gsi so yeh it should be fine :)

Anonymous
09-08-01, 09:57 PM
Cheers lads.......it looks like I can then :)

I currently use the standard 1.3 SR manifold, and down-pipes, and from there back it's the JP, so as long as the down-pipes end in the same place on the GSi (which with what peeps have said, it does), it should be fine then...cheers again ;)

BTW, the JP was on a MKII SRi race car...used in Sprints and Hill Climbing...and was purpose made for that use :D
It's race spec, hence why I want to keep it...hehehe.

Do I get respect from da boyz now I've ditched the Peco then?......lol!

I have to admit, I did feel a bit boy-racerish with the Peco! The JP is for more classy, and exists straight from the back, instead of at an angle like my Peco did.