PDA

View Full Version : Please take note!

dikharvey
02-02-07, 11:09 PM
From the police.

Question
A lot of cars have their fog lights on when its not foggy, is it legal?
Answer
The use of front and rear fog lights is only to be used in cases of seriously reduced visibility. Using fog lights when the visibility is not seriously reduced can dazzle and cause discomfort to other road users. There seems to be an absurd trend at the moment for drivers to have their fog lights on regardless of the conditions and the time of day. This can be dangerous to other road users and is an offence, which could mean you are liable for a substantial fine.

loggyboy
02-02-07, 11:17 PM
Is that supposed to be a waring to people who are stupid enough not to know? or a sarcy comment?
as its not a new things and substantial fine is wrong - its a fixed penalty offence so you would face a whole ?30 fine and No Points.

dikharvey
02-02-07, 11:19 PM
A warning to those who dont know. I drive at night for a job and people with their front fog lights on are a pain in the ass.

loggyboy
02-02-07, 11:20 PM
Thats very true - unfortunately its one of those anoying things like middle lane hoggers that the police do little about (except when it involves young drivers as they are the 'scum' of the driving earth.)

Ste L
02-02-07, 11:26 PM
go stick it on a saxo forum, they are the one;s who usually drive with fogs on 24/7... most nova's didn't come with fogs or have them on then

dikharvey
02-02-07, 11:28 PM
I'm not signed up to any, thank god.

I used to have a Nova hence my 234 posts.

Ste L
02-02-07, 11:28 PM
:thumb:

JSeymour
02-02-07, 11:40 PM
fukc fog lights! they should ban new cars with super bright and high headlights!

you cant see a damm thing if you have a bmw x5 behind or driving up the road at night....or is that cos my cars so low? Lol

Ste L
02-02-07, 11:41 PM
the latter add's more to the dazzling

Donova
03-02-07, 12:04 AM
fukc fog lights! they should ban new cars with super bright and high headlights!

you cant see a damm thing if you have a bmw x5 behind or driving up the road at night....or is that cos my cars so low? Lol Bright lights p*ss me off as well, and rear fogs turned on in a bit of rain, I give e'm main beam in their mirrors, bast*rds:mad:

Philsutton
04-02-07, 10:56 AM
they should ban bmw's, ive never seen one that hasnt made me almost crash due to beening blinded.

ade
04-02-07, 05:45 PM
fecks me off when knobbers put fog on - I'm so tempted to stick my full beams on just to counter the dazzle (but dont).

It's almost as bad as the new 4x4's that have them hi bright/HID lights - totally blind you!

Jack
04-02-07, 10:26 PM
lol @ ste, that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the OP :thumb:

IIRC visibility has to be 100metres or less for foglights to be "legal" to use). What also pisses me off is when people have rear foglights on, although in fog but when you're behind them close enough to see them anyway... no need!

london_chris
04-02-07, 10:53 PM
fog lights i dont see to be dazzling as i approach them but 4x4s well i could go on al day, when they are behind you at night, ur safer driving with your eyes shut, and why the hell to people drive 4x4s anyway, ok fair enough if you use it on a farm but who drives a new range rover or an x5 on a farm? they should therfore be banned to drive at night and in towns and cities, or altogether!!! grrrrrrrr

Nobby
05-02-07, 12:33 AM

you cant see a damm thing if you have a bmw x5 behind or driving up the road at night....or is that cos my cars so low? Lol

hehe i had this some **** on a renault traffic twaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!! does this to you eyes!! >:tard: