PDA

View Full Version : bloody c20xe engines!!!!!

edens-xe
02-02-07, 06:29 PM
hi all just got my car back on the road after being sat for at least a month, all was fine with my car untill it started jolting and backfiring now it runs really lumpy and wants to cut out!!!. im 90% sure this could be the a.f.m but i dont know wot other signs there are to look out for? ive got the 2.5 motronic system on my car if that helps!

types of troubles with running:
1. idles erraticly
2. coughs and stutters when accelerator is pressed
3. put my foot right down, it hessitates and theres a big flat spot then somtimes it goes and i get full performance then goes s**t again soon after!

ive changed the i.c.v because that was siezed before all this happened so i know its not to do with that, it was changed bout 2 months ago!.

i disconnected the a.f.m when it was running and it made a slight improvement on the running but not great, dont know whether the e.c.u has a back-up program or not:( .

ive heard the a.f.m's are a bit tempremental on the xe's but i dont know if they can be fixed or bodged up, ive tried cleaning it with brake cleaner and no different at all:mad: :mad: .

any info on this would be very helpful cheers dudes:thumb: :thumb: .

Flip_GSI!
02-02-07, 06:34 PM
My mate had this problem, he changed the air flow meter and that sort of sorted it but it was the lambda sensa on his!

edens-xe
03-02-07, 07:09 PM
cant see how the lamda sensor would do it???? butt not sure.

any other ideas

Martin
03-02-07, 07:19 PM
I've a afm if you want it.. just pay for postage its surplus to me

Adam
03-02-07, 07:50 PM
At idle, unplug the airflow meter, if the idle stabilises you know its the afm causing the problem.

edens-xe
03-02-07, 07:52 PM
At idle, unplug the airflow meter, if the idle stabilises you know its the afm causing the problem.
it stabilizes slightly but its still running naff. took it round the block earlier and it feels reel flat as if its holding back?:cry: