PDA

View Full Version : TICKING NOISE=BROKEN PISTON RING UMMMM??

Anonymous
08-08-01, 10:34 AM
i posted a msg bout about a mth back on here bout a funny noise that i couldnt work out well, i was readin the bible(haynesy)and i looked under engine noise and it said broken piston ring then in brackets ticking noise which mine is doin. the funny thing is i did a comp test and bore nearest the pulley was down psi compared wiv the others. the funny thing is though when u sit in the car the noise seems to be coming from the passengers side so i would of expected the bore nearest the dizzy to be down on psi. im puzzled :-/. also if i have a broken ring will it fly off somewhere and fook everythin up or does it just mean its cracked and will stay in the groove in the piston. hope i aint fried to many heads lol cheer:)

Anonymous
08-08-01, 11:20 AM
If it is a a broken ring, it`ll scratch bore badly. So sort it. Dont forget that u will here the valves opening and closing through the 40`s so make sure its that b4 u rip it apart. Get someone who is familiar with your setup to have a listen.

=\_____
=/__|__\_
=|(_)___(_)]

Whoopass! :D

The original footer, not a cheap immitation!

Anonymous
08-08-01, 04:43 PM
maybe your big rubber grommet that the main wireing harness gos through to enter the car isnt setting right and letting the sound in?

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
08-08-01, 05:26 PM
Broken piston rings aren't very common.