PDA

View Full Version : declaring conversions

london_chris
02-02-07, 12:54 AM
what do you have to do to declare engine conversions with the dvla etc and do they come and check the work and also how do u declare on insurance do they have to speak to dvla or just take your word for it

Adam
02-02-07, 01:13 AM
You just fill new engine number/size in on the logbook.
Then a new logbook comes back with new engine etc on.

You just tell the insurance and they. work a quote out, dont need dvla letter or anything.

Jack
02-02-07, 09:37 AM
...Unless you're putting a smaller cc engine in, then the DVLA need to inspect it or something. If you're going bigger they don't. Odd lol

Insurance may require an engineers report, depends on the company. Not many cover engine conversions now anyway.

Riggy
04-02-07, 07:27 PM
but if you are fitting a bigger engine that increase's the tax you need to pay and your car is currently taxed ,they wont send you a new logbook out , you have to go to the nearest DVLA office and fill some gay form in and re-tax your car with the higher tax band then they will send you a new loggboook and you can cash your old tax back in

and i have had to do this so thats how i know

Adam
04-02-07, 07:32 PM
If decreasing engine size you have to supply proof of engine code/number iirc.
But who ever decreases engine size? Lol

General Baxter
04-02-07, 07:38 PM
If decreasing engine size you have to supply proof of engine code/number iirc.
But who ever decreases engine size? Lol

i have lol

i once owned a 1.4MPI calibra lol god it was slow lol

nova 1.4 modified
04-02-07, 10:20 PM
lol

hightower
05-02-07, 12:18 PM
you need to fill out the engine number on the v5, then get a headed from a garage saying that the engines have been swapped from blah to blah and date etc then send the letter and v5 to dvla, not sure what happens next cos i havent got to that stage yet.

Adam
05-02-07, 02:03 PM
You dont need send any letter.
I never did.

Just fill in new engine number and cc, send logbook off.
New one comes back with new details on.