PDA

View Full Version : Broken Window

Anonymous
13-10-00, 10:42 AM
I have a problem with my windows. My passenger door window has been stiff for some time now, especially when it's been raining. Last night I got to my car and it was covered in dew. I got in and to stop the windows from steaming up (no sex involved unfortunately) I tried to wind my drivers 1 down. It was really stiff. The handle was turning a little, but the window wasn't moving. Then 'snap' something broke. The handle turns freely and the window actually goes up and down very easily but without the use of the handle. Does anyone know how I can fix it, and fix the passenger window so it's not stif!!

Anonymous
13-10-00, 11:09 AM
Take the door panel off of the drivers side (Carefully) have a look at the winder from the inside and see what broke, it shoud be fairly easy to fix coz its all held 2gether with phillips screws, its just a bit akward getting your screwdriver in the door. Once you know what broke, go to your nearest scrappy and take the part off of another nova or an old astra (the window mechanism is the same). Bingo job done. (count yourself lucky u aint got leccy windows, mine broke and it set me back ?120 to fix.
Now the passengers side needs to be sorted asap coz otherwise that one will break 2, go to yr nearest car shop and buy a can of window seal lubricant and spray it on the soft part that seals the window (when its down) the velvety rubber stuff has just dried out and its gone tight. Hope that helps.

Anonymous
13-10-00, 01:00 PM
Use vasaline as this helps lubricate stiffness
lol

Anonymous
13-10-00, 01:41 PM
My bird somtimes lubricates my stiffness with vasoline!

Anonymous
13-10-00, 04:03 PM
Thanx guys. To go with all the sexual jokes. I've got it off!! I found that the Ball has poped out of the Hole!! And I cant get it back in!! I'm gonna get some of that lubrication, then put the ball back in the hole. The longer it stays in for the better. Then i'm gonna do the other side!! Now thats goin to b SO TIGHT!!

Anonymous
13-10-00, 06:36 PM
u can use wd40 if ur carefull and dont squirt the window itself!

Anonymous
13-10-00, 07:04 PM
just so none of u guys have kids, i think u shud know vaseline destroys condoms so don't use it, use something else, sorry this is OT, but if you have kids all ur money for ur Nova would be gone

Anonymous
14-10-00, 11:34 PM
Dicko, I question wot u do with Emma in ur motah :D

Ahh it's Brun! Ello m8, tis me, I referred ya to this lurvely nova website innit :)