PDA

View Full Version : mot and side indicators

Anonymous
05-08-01, 01:16 PM
will my car pass its mot with no side indicators

Anonymous
05-08-01, 01:57 PM
if it is a mkI then no - simply because the inidcators are only visible from the front. but if it is a mkI nova with a mkII front wings lights etc, or a striaght makrII then your fine because the indicators are a wrap round type, and believe it or not, are slightly visible from the side and you CAN get away with them.

HTH :-/

Anonymous
05-08-01, 06:05 PM
nope sorry

u cant get away with it unless u have the correctly stamped front and rear indicator lenses from say a spanish model (car model not a bird lol)

the old "if there there they have to work if there not they dont is shite"

i have seen the rule book myself and mine failed so i bribed the tester ?20

ha ha ha

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
05-08-01, 09:54 PM
It depends on the cars age 'cos my old A-reg Nova didn't have side repeaters, in fact, none of the older ones did, right up to 85/86.
After that, they were fitted as standard on all Nova models BY LAW.

In the MOT handbook (you can see this on www.motuk.co.uk ), it says this for all vehicle first used on or after the 1st April 1986:

These must be fitted with one side repeater indicator on each side. Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens. Lamps incorporating a side repeater are marked either with an 'E' mark in a circle or an 'e' mark in a rectangle above which is the number 5.

So there you go. Check it your self on www.motuk.co.uk and click on "testers manual" or "search manual" and find what you're looking for.

Anonymous
05-08-01, 11:31 PM
ive got flashers in my m3 mirrors and they passed them as side repeaters.

:p
Im tall and your small
:p

Anonymous
06-08-01, 02:09 AM
My A reg has never had the side repeaters and has never had problems getting through the mot without them

Anonymous
06-08-01, 09:16 AM
my h reg passed with out any :-) it had e marked lenses

--- Novaload technical support open 24hrs ---
--- Phone/SMS Support 24hrs ---
--- Workshop services 6pm - 11pm Mon - Fri, 9am - 11pm Sat/Sun ---
--- 16v engine fitting advice ---

Anonymous
06-08-01, 10:34 AM
Dannova12 your A reg passed ok, 'cos you didn't have to had side repeaters until after April 1st 86, so the older Novas didn't have them fitted when new. I also had a A-reg, and it didn't have repeaters, but it didn't need 'em.

Anonymous
06-08-01, 11:15 AM
my car failed MOT cos side repeaters didnt work.

i got blue repeaters now and the omit a green light(bulbs are orange). theyll pass the mot cos they flash i reckon and dpnt u just need to see a flashing light as a side repeater?

[-dave_hay.jpg-]
Dave_Hay@novaload.org.uk
Dave_Hay5@hotmail.com

send nova and mk3 astra gsi pics my way for my attempt at web design.

Anonymous
06-08-01, 03:17 PM
i think if the light aint orange it will fail coz it has to be universally recognisable as an indicator or summink like that.

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
06-08-01, 06:53 PM
Mine got thru without them after i had renewed the wings and didn't want to drill new holes in them......just!

Anonymous
07-08-01, 05:30 PM
they do look miles better without them

and they cant get nicked as well

Micky@novaload.net :)

Anonymous
07-08-01, 11:13 PM
Thieving twats would have to break mine to get 'em off, then they'd be no use to 'em.
They're on that tight, I have to take the wing off to change a bulb....not a prob though...it's not like the bulb go every day!