PDA

View Full Version : 73 nova

geared4speed67
01-02-07, 12:33 AM
hey everyone, im new here. im getting a 73 nova next week if all goes as planned. as of right now there is no motor or tranny in it. its set up for a auto, but id like to put in a muncie 4 spd. I think im gonna put in a 383 stroker in it. i think im gonna have to rebuild the whole suspension and i was just wondering what kind of suspension does everyone think works the best. id rather not set it up for drag, mainly street. i was also wondering how hard it would be to switch it to front rotors, i really dont know whats on it now so i may not have to convert it, i didnt get a good enough look at the car to tell what all needs to be done, but thats something else i was wondering. does anyone know of good places to get brake boosters or master cylinder?

thanks

Stuart
01-02-07, 07:16 AM
wrong "nova"...

your getting a chevvy nova, this site is for the european Vauxhall (GM) Nova model... its a small hatchback car.

Driver
01-02-07, 08:10 AM
haha esy mustake :s

london_chris
01-02-07, 09:20 AM
yea i supose that "chevvy nova" at the top of the page is hard to miss haha

staggy_gsi
01-02-07, 11:35 AM
lol

H15 NVA
01-02-07, 12:35 PM
good job he looked around the site before posting eh otherwise would have made himself look a right dipstick lol

Mazz
01-02-07, 12:42 PM
good job he looked around the site before posting eh otherwise would have made himself look a right dipstick lol

lmao

SRlew
01-02-07, 12:46 PM
wish i was getting a chevvy nova tho!

Mike
01-02-07, 06:12 PM
i was also wondering how hard it would be to switch it to front rotors

Yanks obvoiusly know how to build cars then ;)

Chunky Lover
01-02-07, 09:53 PM
hey everyone, im new here. im getting a 73 nova next week if all goes as planned. as of right now there is no motor or tranny in it

God i hope they have a diff name for tranny as i certainly wouldnt be out buyin any car with a "tranny in it"!lol

mowgli
01-02-07, 11:11 PM
come on, give the lad a break, at least he is modifying a GM car & there will be a huge v8 in the front driving the back wheels.

Stuart
02-02-07, 08:08 AM
^^ agreed. No need for you all to be such a bunch of utter cnuts about the fact that there is mroe than one vehicle on the planet to have been stuck down with the name of Nova....

I suggest that some of you take some sort of diversity training :p

dhdev (Oli)
02-02-07, 10:12 AM
Seriously though, would you go on a forum and ask advice about anything without first checking that
A. The people you're asking know something (i.e read a few posts and get a feel for which people know what they're talking about)
B. The forum is actually for the right type of vehicle (The picture of the Vauxhall nova at the top is a good clue, add to that all the threads about 8v, 16v, 2.0l etc.)

:roll:

Chunky Lover
02-02-07, 05:05 PM
ah now fair enough mistakes happen and he prob googled it an this came up trumps. was just a bit of banter

Philsutton
02-02-07, 09:29 PM
the chevy nova is 6 million times cooler than a vauxhall nova. No one with a nova is in any place to take the piss lmfao