PDA

View Full Version : Blue Side repeaters and the dreaded MOT!

Anonymous
05-08-01, 11:13 PM
I plan on fitting my blue side repeaters on my h reg sr, but as my MOT is coming up wasnt sure if it was worth doing as i dont know if they are legal! can anyone tell me if they are legal or not?
cheers

Anonymous
05-08-01, 11:44 PM
Not sure, but the MOT handbook just says that they have to emit an Amber light, so if they do, then they should be ok.....but it's kinda a grey area I think!

See www.motuk.co.uk as that's got the full handbook, with full details of MOT requirements. Failing that, just ask at your MOT station.

Anonymous
05-08-01, 11:46 PM
Ive got blue bulbs under clear repeaters on mine, but i plan to remove them for the mot coz i dont think it would pass..

Anonymous
05-08-01, 11:58 PM
ah, my repeaters are actually blue. so i dont think i could get away with it.

Anonymous
06-08-01, 12:01 AM
I won't pass of they "flash" blue....like I say, they have to "flash" amber, but it says nothing about the colour of the leans?

Anonymous
06-08-01, 08:08 AM
mine passed with blue lenses but I fitted the special amber bulbs!

Anonymous
06-08-01, 11:44 AM
where do i get the amber bulbs?

Anonymous
06-08-01, 12:19 PM
Halford's, or any parts place should have 'em.
I use the amber bulbs in my clear side repeaters.

Anonymous
06-08-01, 12:56 PM
Cheers, i will get some then. another question is, how did you cut the body work to fit them in?

Anonymous
06-08-01, 03:08 PM
be safe and save yourself hassle, leave the off until after your MOT...

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk
[-monkey.jpg-]
"Them squirrels have no nuts..."

Anonymous
06-08-01, 07:13 PM
kyle.....When I fitted my Vauxhall-style oval clear side repeaters (like on Corsa etc), and used a sheet of thick card to make a template around the repeater it's self. By trimming and shaping, I managed to make the repeater fit into the sheet of card, which gave me the shape required for the hole on the car wing.
I drew around the inside of the template, to mark the shape on the body, then cut it out using a Padsaw. I used the original repeater holes, and had to cut rectangular strips out, to either side of the hole.

A bit of fine filing later, I had the holes perfect....slap on some paint, and when dried, clip in the repeaters (putting the bulb in first of course), and jobs a good un!

Anonymous
06-08-01, 09:51 PM
thanks. i can now fit them, i think i will wait until after my mot. lol. just to be sure