PDA

View Full Version : ICE for dummie!

ianglanister
31-01-07, 11:24 PM
what exactly do you need for a basic first set up? ive got sub,amp,6x9s,amp,hu and 2 wiring kits. what else will i need? thanks i am s***e when it comes to audio. Thanks alot! Ian

bump
01-02-07, 10:53 AM
I'd use 1 wiring kit of a suitable size to take both amps then use splitters at the back.

As for the rest it depends on how many pre-outs on the HU, ditch the tiny speaker wire and fit some decent gauge cable.

make sure your earth point is scrupulously clean (as it can cause overheating issues and alt whine).

Lucky Luke!
01-02-07, 06:19 PM
Ditch the 6x9's, get some decent front comps, use a good gauge wire to the rear and split for the 2 amps.

Use good quality cable all round and make sure your earth goes to bare metal, and make a fresh hole don't go to an excisting one.

ianglanister
01-02-07, 06:21 PM
all mates have got their earth wires just on some metal bots or something of that sort under the boot carpet. is that a bad idea?

liam_ere
01-02-07, 06:35 PM
all mates have got their earth wires just on some metal bots or something of that sort under the boot carpet. is that a bad idea?

Thats how mine was on my SRi and it was fine so i think so, but someone with better knownledge will know better

bigbened
01-02-07, 06:41 PM
the best idea is to weld but. bolting it onto any earthed metal is fine as long as you get the surface down to bare metal before you do so

Lucky Luke!
01-02-07, 06:46 PM
Yeah as long as its bare. I always make a new hole tho.