PDA

View Full Version : 1.2 or 1.2i

Anonymous
26-07-01, 02:23 PM
i know the 1.2i has 45bhp, and the 1.2 carbed has 55bhp...but which will be quicker?

taking into account the 1.2i would be a j/K reg and the 1.2 carbed would be an F reg ?

the 1.2i is sounding tempting to me cos i can keep the K&N/Pipercross on over winter, which gives me an all year induction roar...;)

and comments on both of the above cars would be great...

cheers

Nova Community
Visit: www.RoyBacer.co.uk
Email: Ged@RoyBacer.co.uk

"Monkey...we need more telly"
"no silly man...we need better telly"

Anonymous
26-07-01, 03:26 PM
well... I aint got a clue...
I remember reading somewhere on here about a month ago that the 1.2 is quicker but i may be getting it backwards...
Wasn't that a nice pointless waste of our time...

andrew.tunnicliffe@whitbread.com
ANDY@WISEWOOD.NET

Anonymous
26-07-01, 03:31 PM
yep!

Nova Community

Anonymous
26-07-01, 04:06 PM
Err.. Ged.

45BHP againt 55BHP - which do you *think* is quicker considering they weigh about the same?

lol..

Carb'd m8! That's wot I'm gonna buy anyways. Plus they're cheaper.

When are you gonna actually buy this car?

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D

Anonymous
26-07-01, 04:24 PM
get the 1.2 carb'd one and then get a big fat bottle of Nitrous!! in factno, get 2 big fat tanks of nitrous that take up all hte space in the back of the car where the seats should be!!!! muhahahahhahahahahahhahaha

Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?
More than you can afford pal....Ferrari!

smoke him!

Anonymous
27-07-01, 12:21 PM
Stokie Dave...

I asked cos an F reg carbed 1.2 will probably be fooked by now, so the healthy j/k reg 1.2i with 45bhp might be just as quick cos it's newer and not fooked...

I'll buy the car when i get my licence back after geting 6 points in my first 2 years of driving...

biaatttchhh!!!!

Nova Community

Anonymous
27-07-01, 01:50 PM
ged quote
"i can keep the K&N/Pipercross on over winter"

correct me if iam wrong but u cant get a bolt on filter for the 1.2i only pannel.

but u can mode the corsa indution kit to fit

Anonymous
27-07-01, 03:13 PM
The 1.2 is slightly faster as standard and has more engine modding potential, but consider these points:
1) All 1.2i's are are mk2s, so they look much better inside and out. How many people have u heard of doing mk2 to mk1 shell and interior swaps??
Its very hard to find a 1.2 carbed engine in a mk2 shell although i think cambridge has one.
2) Its much cheaper to insure the 1.2i - which is important to u in particular :D
and
3) 1.2i's will, in general, have less milage, less rust, and less likely to of been thrashed.
Its my personal opinion but i would have a mk2 anytime, mk1 1.2's look tired, dated and generally shit.

Anonymous
27-07-01, 03:15 PM
Also drilled airbox with K&N filter element, decat, and s/s full exhaust will easily match a 1.2 for power.

Anonymous
27-07-01, 04:46 PM
i'm making my own cone filter attachment with sum samco hose and a couple of jubilee clips...

might even slap a cossie cone in there for show ;)

Nova Community

Anonymous
27-07-01, 04:54 PM
http://www.corsaweb.co.uk/images/featuredcars/nova/j_tromans/04.jpg

this is Jay Tromans 1.2 SXi angine bay...has he put the corsa airbox thingie on?

Nova Community

Anonymous
27-07-01, 05:00 PM
NITROUS GODDAMIT!!!!! FILL THE BOOT WITH NITROUS!!!! you know it makes sense!!! just get it done!!!!

Nice car, what's the retail on one of those?
More than you can afford pal....Ferrari!

smoke him!

Anonymous
27-07-01, 06:35 PM
i do indeed have an original std mk2 carbed mota!!! :D its not too slow compared to the 1.2i (except for stes possiably)

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
28-07-01, 12:14 AM
please take no note of jkhilton, he's just watched "the fast and the furious" for the 20th time, so he's a little obsessed with Nitrous. Personaly mate, I'd get the 1.2i.

Jim.

P.S. Ignore what I said, get Nitrous, get it now!!!! muhahahaahahahahaahahahah :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
Nitrous good, nitrous = Scooby beating power, heheehehehehe

P.P.S, sorry I've also just watched "the fast and the furious" :)

"It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile, winnings winning!"

Anonymous
28-07-01, 12:17 AM
Since when was a 45BHP Nova as quick as a 55BHP one? Seriously? Even a tired 1.2 carb is gonna be quicker than a slightly teeny bit tired 1.2i...

And there are some fuckin mad cheap 1.2's for like 200 quid and they aint that shafted... buy one, lower it, alloys, coupla performance mods then treat it like shit for a year till u can afford something faster.

Job jobbed.

=======================
If there's grass on the pitch... :D

Anonymous
28-07-01, 11:13 AM
the 1.2 carbed engine really does take a thrashing well

BEng Hons Automotive Electronics Engineering :) worship my electronics skills :D

Anonymous
28-07-01, 11:15 PM
Well.....my Dad's had Novas for hid Driving school, many time over the years, and with the 1.2 carbed Novas, he never had any problems.

His last Nova was a K-reg 1.2i and it was SHIT! It was the most unreliable car he'd had. The fuel injecrtion system was the problem, and kept fooking up all the time.

A couple of his early Novas, going back to B and C reg...WHEN THEY WERE BRAND NEW, had over 100K on the clock by the time he sold 'em, and still with no probs. The C reg still had the original clutch! (and they were still only 2 or 3 years old!).
The K reg 1.2i started playing up at only about 20K!

I'd go for a MKI, and if you're really wanting the MKII look, you can always mod it.

One more point.....my current Nova was a 1.2 originally, and it was miles quicker than my Dad's 1.2i, and mine had 98K, but the 1.2i only had 14K when he bought it, so mileage does not have an effect, unless mega high (like my A reg which was at about 128K, and was knackered!)

Anonymous
05-08-01, 12:00 PM
get the 1.2 carbed, ive got 1 and they aint that slow and mines a g reg, go with that m8, thats if u ever do get your licence back! u re-taken your test yet?