PDA

View Full Version : webber carb for a 1.4

Anonymous
04-08-01, 11:46 AM
ive got a 1.4sr and want to get a new carb as the standard one is crap. i was going to go for the twin 40 webbers, but then say the price, does anyone know where you can pick them cheap (as a complete set as i would need the manifold and other little bits and bobs)
aslo, what are the single choke carbs like from webber, that may have to do for now! does anyone know how much they are? and where i can get them from? as the only ones advertised are the twins!
cheers

Anonymous
04-08-01, 11:56 PM
If you want a Weber to do the job for now, 'till you get the twin 40s, get a 32/34 DTML....I've got one on my 1.3 SR engine, and it's blinking mint...miles better than the shitty Pierburg. I don't know if you're getting confused about the whole twins bit too? Your current carb is a twin-choke (Pierburg 2E3), and your talking about fitting twin carbs, but then say a single choke carb will do for now....you don't want a single choke on a 1.4 ...get what I mean.

Anyway, my 32/34 DTML only cost ?15, but needed a re-con kit, which was ?29, so about ?44 in total for a mint, re-conditioned carb...not bad!
A mate of mine picked one up for a fiver the other week...lucky git!

Anonymous
05-08-01, 01:10 AM
i think i was getting confused. cheers for the info.
how much are they new? did you need to change anything other than the carb? was it a simple swop basicly.
cheers again!