PDA

View Full Version : Jack Rants

Jack
31-01-07, 08:41 AM
I feel like a rant this morning.

1. On my way into work I drive a stretch of the A37, fron Yeovil to Ilchester. For some reason the council has decided to erect 3 signs at each end,the first saying something like "335 injuries in 5 years", but more words; the second says some guff about "Most accidents happen and road junctions -THINK!"; the third says "Road safety improvements for 2007" and the local council logo. Ok, firstly, I'm aware the A37 is supposed to have one of the highest accident per mile ratios for a UK road, but I'm assuming they're including animal fatalities in that "335 injuries" bit, as I'm b*ggered if I can recall even 5 accidents there in the past five years - and the local paper is the type to go all over car accidents. As for the accidents at road junctions: the majority of the road is a long straight stretch. With no junctions. The only used junction is one on the outside of a corner in a 40 zone, which everyone crawls round anyway as it has a gatso. No doubt the "road safety improvements" will be more of them, instead of actually spending money improving the road surface which is in the process of falling apart and sinking into the surrounding fields and the cause of any previous accidents there. Not to mention the rear enders that will be caused when people will no doubt be too busy reading the signs to look where they're going lol

2. WTF was a girl doing riding a horse, at 8am this morning, on the road in Ilchester?! In the fcuking rush hour traffic?! With a massive queue in each direction and a horse that looked like it was about do have a fit of grand proportions?!! I was hoping the horse would buck her off in front of a truck and cleanse the gene pool of her ineptitude, but no such luck.

3. It bad enough people driving with headlights, which are most often badly aligned, on at 8am - its hardly dark, if you can't see cars well enough without headlights on in that light, you shouldn't be driving - but some ditsy girl (sorry to stereotype but yes she was blonde) decided it'd be fun to drive with her headlights on full beam! Great! So not only do I get distracted by gay roadsigns whilst driving round retards on horses, I get blinded by some brainless imbecile who doesn't know what the little blue light on her dashboard means!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Ahh... I feel better now :D

wisewood
31-01-07, 08:46 AM
http://oi-upyours.blogspot.com ... you'd fit right in lol

Dpnova
31-01-07, 08:48 AM
Pmt??

Jack
31-01-07, 08:49 AM
Higher-than-my-average-high blood pressure this morning methinks :D

Dpnova
31-01-07, 08:50 AM
im in good spirits today, i have been given a ticket to watch chelsea play tonight in our own private box with a buffet and free bar, dont like football but i wont complain

hendrix
31-01-07, 08:50 AM
nice one jack, i know how you feel, although today has gone ok so far (probably means ill have a gash day!)

wisewood
31-01-07, 08:54 AM
im in good spirits today, i have been given a ticket to watch chelsea play tonight in our own private box with a buffet and free bar, dont like football but i wont complain

How the hell did you end up with a ticket to the Kremlin? lol

Dpnova
31-01-07, 08:57 AM
finnaly having a job in it payed off after 4 years, our comapny just changed all of our works phones over to orange, circa 2000 phones so they keep giving us football tickets :D

wisewood
31-01-07, 08:58 AM
sell them on fleaBay

Dpnova
31-01-07, 09:01 AM
haha someone would turn up pretend to be me and get me sacked lol

BigStan
31-01-07, 09:10 AM
Wind your neck in ! lol

Everyone stay away from RJ,, hes on the warpath ! lol

Dpnova
31-01-07, 09:15 AM
he has his Sexface on, GRRR hes an angry tiger :wtf:

Matt2107
31-01-07, 10:23 AM
Good rant Jack... here's a little rant from me.

Street Cleaning.

Why is it that the council insist on cleaning my street. It's not really dirty.. ok there's a little bit of litter around the place but it doesnt need sweeping. They erected some signs saying that all cars must be out the street by 8am on the 30th Jan... then they came round with their crayons and changed it to 31st Jan. Like **** am I leaving for work at 8am when I don't start till 9am. It's funny watching various street cleaning men with various street cleaning impliments standing round my car moaning that they can't get to the gutters.... it was even funnier when I went down there at 8:30am to go to work... and announced in a cheerful voice "morning... busy day today?"

Sorry for the rant crash

BigStan
31-01-07, 10:26 AM
You b*stard

wisewood
31-01-07, 10:30 AM
They've got no right to demand you move your cars off the street at 8am.
Tell them to get f*cked next time.

Our bin men are annoying me at the moment.
1st we were told that we would be issued a Green wheelie bin for recycling garden waste... and a plastic box for recycling plastics and cans... and a bag for recycling paper... what? F*ck off and sort through the rubbish i put in my bin. To enforce this, they only collect the normal bin every other week now, so if you dont recycle your bin gets full. F*ckers.

2nd, they come to empty the bottles & cans boxes at about 7:30am and make a f*cking loud noise about it in the process... anyone working nights or with a baby in our estate must be furious! I know I am, and i'm already up at that time.

3rd, when we bought our house brand new a couple of years ago the council charged us ?40 for a wheelie bin. Now they're giving us all this stuff for free. F*ckers. Absolute f*ckers.

BigStan
31-01-07, 10:32 AM
I think today might not be a good day for people !

Matt2107
31-01-07, 10:33 AM
I recycle glass bottles.. mostly vodka bottles.

I did attempt to recycle card board but the nearest cardboard recycling point is Tesco's. There's no chance on earth I'm gonna remember to take my card with me everytime I go shopping and there's definately no way I'm taking a drive there just to recycle some card.

wisewood
31-01-07, 10:37 AM
OOOH i thought of the fourth thing that annoys me.

4th, they expect us to KNOW which types of plastics they want and which they don't ... and they expect us to KNOW that when they ask for recycled cans that they mean they want cans that are cleaned inside and out and without the label on the outside.

Matt2107
31-01-07, 10:46 AM
Local government make it far to hard to recycle.... FACT.

Ergo... people will never recycle effectively.

Jack
31-01-07, 11:39 AM
Recycling is more expensive than just incinerating the stuff, hence why councils do a half-a*sed job of it.

Our local council are crap too, although they don't usually wander up the road to collect the myriad of wheelie bins til gone midday. In a cul-de-sac. Thats because they're too busy blocking up the main roads between 8-9am, just to p*ss everyone off who's trying to get to work. No doubt the bin men, sorry "Environmental Waste Technicians", are double-payrolled to the Road Safety Dept, they do a fantastic job of slowing the traffic down. To a grinding halt in fact.

However, if you take it to the local rubbish tip, the rubbish men, no doubt called "Recycling and Waste Efficiency Officers", go through all your rubbish - by hand - "sorting" it. By "sorting" I mean into different piles - cardboard, plastic, metal, pron, and the all-important "I'm a council working pikey robbing b*stard and I'm stealing your rubbish for myself" pile. So whats the point in sorting it yourself when they go through it anyway? Just bag it all up and throw it at them when you go to the tip. At least then you're helping to provide jobs in the council for people who would otherwise probably be doleys.

wisewood
31-01-07, 11:47 AM
It REALLY annoys me that within a mile of my house (half a mile as the crow flies) there is a recycling centre, but on our last visit there with a load of garden waste, old wood (not good wood), and cardboard we were told they no longer take household stuff there and we'd have to go to another one in the industrial estate - about 5 miles away. It is much bigger and better in there, but its hassle... especially if you need to make more than one trip.

Matt2107
31-01-07, 11:55 AM
Just chuck it over the fence into your neighbours garden.

wisewood
31-01-07, 11:59 AM
lol she probably wouldnt notice... not at the moment anyway, her bin keeps blowing over and spilling rubbish around her garden anyway.

Dar
31-01-07, 12:02 PM
I just burn stuff. Both my neibours store up the combustables for when I light a fire. The plan for this year os to make a little fire thing (like an incinerator). Its nice to burn stuff in the evening with a beer in hand. We also have the blakc bin, green bin, box and bag setup. Its a major pain in the ass because even though the wife does remind me what bins need to go out on what days, I still forget it. Plus the green box and bag clutter up my garage! Then the wife recycles plasic bottles as well and stores them in the garage! However I am having an extension put on the house so I can turf it all out in there.

That still does not get over the worst of it, which is in the summer you have rotting rubbish sitting the hot sun for two weeks!! Magots love it, so although you gain free fishing bait the bins smell really bad and they sizzle with the maggots. Horrible.

Matt2107
31-01-07, 12:05 PM
Not to mention that it encourages Rats

wisewood
31-01-07, 12:08 PM
We keep our bins in a purpose designed gap between the back of a shed and the fence across the end of the drive, so it's well shaded and the mahoosive spiders living around the fence and the shed get most of the flies etc.

During the summer we stick the paper in the chiminea (big black burning tower thing) with some bits of wood and chuck potatoes wrapped in foil in the bottom of there for an hour or so ... perfect with a bottle of beer in the evening :D Waste vegetables and plant cuttings etc get thrown in the compost bin i made last year, some of that should be good for this summer too with a bit of luck. I'm a hippie lol

Not to mention that it encourages Rats
2 cats at my house, two over the road, 1 round the corner & a further 3 a couple of doors down would soon sort that problem out lmao.

Matt2107
31-01-07, 12:20 PM
There's a 3 legged cat in our street.... my snakes eat baby rats but I don't think the neighbours would appreciate them roaming around.

wisewood
31-01-07, 12:26 PM
I was once told by some neighbours where i used to live that the old carpet that i left outside my front door for twelve months after i cut it up and threw it out was encouraging rats. I told one of them that he was talking out of his a$$ as a soggy carpet isn't edible or worth sleeping in so they wouldnt touch it. I also pointed out that the sh*t filled nappies and takeaway boxes that he left in plastic bags beside his bin were more likely what was attracting the rats.

I was actually staying at a mates house 99% of the time then, so wasn't even home to put any waste food etc in my bin, so how the hell could I have been attracting any rats.

They got even though - they had my novas towed lol

Alex.
31-01-07, 01:45 PM
I just burn stuff. Both my neibours store up the combustables for when I light a fire. The plan for this year os to make a little fire thing (like an incinerator). Its nice to burn stuff in the evening with a beer in hand.

Dad's got one of them out the back. We burn wood, paper...easily burned stuff. Which my cousin enjoys setting fire too. lol
Our recycling people sometimes don't bother to come down to our end. We're a bout a mile long road, they do the 7 houses at the end, but to get to our 3 houses down the end they have to go over a bridge. Next to our old bridge, a new one is being built. So obviously there's construction work going on...but they can still acces the rest of the road by going over the old one? Idiots.

draper
31-01-07, 05:55 PM
we have the coloured bin setup round here aswell, altho i only have a black bin and only get it collected once a fortnight ?? when we had the brown recycling bins at my folks me and my dad used to hide the rubbish under a layer of grass cuttings lol

Martin
31-01-07, 08:09 PM
Meh we just have a green and brown one... they've just recently knocke down the old half burnt,half fallen down shops near mine.. and you shoudl of seen the rats comin out of that they was maaaaaaaaaarrrhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosive put it this way i dint stick around.. my dogg had a few like lol.. was pretty funny all the neighbours cats n doggs chasing rats was going to take bets on whose killed the most lollol

my lil rant.. these few words wil speak for us all i think..

I Hate Funking Chavs!!!

theres a group of them out there now eying up my nova they aint gona get far with it(no engine) but its not the point they'l smash a window, even the the doors are unlocked, and get in to it and find nothing(yep theres onlya dash in there... i cba witht the hassle.. mite just go out and square things up

Lucky Luke!
31-01-07, 09:29 PM
Well my day was okay,

I have some temporary work starting on Saturday night which is nice and i also have a job interview with another car audio place on monday, the job has been there for ages cos they havent had anyone apply with any experience! Quietly confident.....

Oh and the council are paying for 4 new tyres for my car, as they didnt clean up properly after a car accident and i drove through loads of glass....

draper
31-01-07, 09:56 PM
^^ things on the up then luke :thumb:

Lucky Luke!
31-01-07, 10:42 PM
Yeah i guess so! fingers crossed everyone!

london_chris
31-01-07, 10:48 PM
i went that way today razorjack and didnt see them somehow lol

Jack
01-02-07, 12:13 AM
i went that way today razorjack and didnt see them somehow lol
Are you blind, there's enough of the signs lol

Dpnova
01-02-07, 08:14 AM
i had an awsome day, pub crawl round london from 2.30 then i went off to the football and got fed and waterd again! woooo

london_chris
01-02-07, 09:35 AM
haha razorjack i dont know how i could have missed them, are they still up there?

Jack
01-02-07, 09:15 PM
Yep, at each end of that section of the road (Ilchester and Yeovil end), also noticed a few on the A37 between the A303 roundabout at Podimore and Lydford. Give it a couple weeks and they'll probably have blown down or been crashed into though lol

Riggy
01-02-07, 10:06 PM
lol i feel a left out now with all you lot and your bins lol

we only have 1 general bin round here that gets emptied every week ,

prob down to the fact that people couldnt even spell "recycle" let alone know what it means

Donova
01-02-07, 10:57 PM
we have black,brown,grey, and green bins, some of which have microchips in them so the council can check how much stuff you recycle or throw away, they'll be having glass manhole covers next to see how much we're sh*ttinglol

bump
02-02-07, 10:08 AM
Council's are to**ers regarding recycling. When I lived in Cornwall I followed one of the recycling trucks to landfill whilst disposing of a kitchen and bathroom. Just wat was the point in sorting it in the first place.

I've been working on the TCO for low energy street lighting recently (for free), as I've had some slow days at work. It'll save millions certainly and would put some punch to these so called green credentials, think that anyone is going for it though? Not a fcuking chance! It's far too easy to spend it on another pointless traffic calming exercise.

Why do we have the H&S legislation that we have now? It seems to protect retards from fulfilling their destiny by proving Darwin correct, Also the present regs aid the penny pinching bas*ards that seem to run industry.

Rant out!

(for the time being anyway)

draper
02-02-07, 10:14 AM
you soon wont be able to work because of h&s !! 1 site i was on wouldnt let us use steps, we had to use mini scaffolds !! you had to drag a bloody mini scaffold behind you just to put a few poxy clips in !!