PDA

View Full Version : x14xe into my nova...secondry air pump thingy??

rybo
31-01-07, 12:36 AM
first of all hi-im new to the forum crack but ive found this site great for advice..
hoping for help here if poss...
ive got my x14xe engine in/loom etc through and coolant pipes sorted
the problem is the pointless lucking thing on my manifold which looks like it puts hot air back into the inlet???
it fouls the slam panel and i want to remove it
anybody know what i have to blank remove etc?
also i have a breather on the tank but have not fitted the carbon canister box-should i and what does it do?

anybody else done this conversion and have any tips?

ive built this car from a shell incl cage,buckets etc-the engine is cammed with kn filter and 4-branch...what next???when it was in my corsa it used to flat spot like hell at 5500rpm?otha than that was a nippy lil bitch for a 1400

all advice appreciated peeps:thumb:

id like to upload some pix to see what you think??it was a 1.2 one previous granny owner-f###ing minter so couldnt resist binnin the blob of a corsa

John
31-01-07, 09:40 PM
http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l240/tooleater16v/IMAG0019.jpg

Good engine choice! here's a pic of the conversion i did on mine anyway. i just blanked the hole in the exhaust manifold off and never had any running probs eml on etc. Bin the seconary air pump amd the carbon canister.

rybo
31-01-07, 11:18 PM
was hopin to hear from you..great car bud-really nice!
i love to go against the grain and to the best of my knowledge (could be wrong tho) i aint heard of another too close to me.
did you blank the other ends of canister? and where the air pump joins the servo assist pipe?? how was your alternator clearance??
also mine previously cut out at junctions a lot-idle control valve? where is it and how do i clean it?
thanx a lot and any other tips much appreciated
ry

rybo
03-02-07, 01:49 AM