PDA

View Full Version : Rear braking to good after new brakes to the car front and rear

clonebaby
30-01-07, 10:27 PM
Hi, i have just mounted new drums and brake pads back and justered the clarence betwene the drum and pads so the drums just slides over nearly whitout tuching.

I have also mounted 2l16v brakes in front whit new brembo brakes and pads.

But the rear are braking the most. (the car is lighter at the rear as i just stripped it out)

How do i fix this?

clonebaby
31-01-07, 02:15 PM
Bump :tard:

clonebaby
01-02-07, 02:20 PM
You got to be kidding me, no one than can answere me? no plates on the cars and working on getting it approvet by the Mot.. :(

Realy need help..

simon_p
01-02-07, 02:43 PM
maybe the brakes need bleeding again up front?possible if you have put different calipers on

_JH_
01-02-07, 02:54 PM
check the front bleed nipples are pointing up not down.

Bleed everything again.

Check you have installed the fronts properly and that they slide easily(they may not be working)

Then take the drums off, loosen the adjustment back a little and let the 'self' adjusters do their magic. You may have overdone these.

:)

mikey14sr
01-02-07, 07:00 PM
Or the fronts need a bit of bedding-in, you did de-grease the discs didn't you?

clonebaby
01-02-07, 10:46 PM
The calippers are right and the bleed nippels are pointing up, i'm gonna loosen the adjustment back a little at the rear and do a full bleed overall.

Could it be the rear brake sylinders?

And what do de-grease the discs mean?

mowgli
01-02-07, 11:15 PM
the discs have a coating on them, a good wipe with petrol should clean them.

Usually with fitting 16v brakes, the back brakes come on first. it is to do with the master cylinder & the valves with 3/35 stamped on. I think the astra gsi one sorts it out

R1CH
01-02-07, 11:27 PM
the discs have a coating on them, a good wipe with petrol should clean them.

Usually with fitting 16v brakes, the back brakes come on first. it is to do with the master cylinder & the valves with 3/35 stamped on. I think the astra gsi one sorts it out

Thats only when you put discs on the back tho isn't it ??
How easy does the back brakes lock up ? under normal braking or just under heavy breaking ?

Rich