PDA

View Full Version : coilovers

edens-xe
30-01-07, 08:25 PM
im thinking of getting some coilovers for my nova and i found a set that doesnt involve playing around with the rear turrets there called f.k coilovers. i have a redtop in my motor and want to know if the standard coilovers can cope with the weight at the front or does anyone know if you can replace the front springs with some higher lb-springs:tard: :tard: cheers guys, i know you lot are helpful:thumb: :thumb: lol

mikey14sr
30-01-07, 08:30 PM
Don't know what the fk's come with but you want at least 275lb front springs.

Martin
30-01-07, 08:36 PM
I have a set of them.. and they wil need stronger springs in them mate...

they are a good coilover my new car handles well

Benn
30-01-07, 09:14 PM
you'll find fks do come with a soft spring...i used to have them...

and with rears that dont turretting you wanna be carefull as you can have prob with the seams spitting and so on...

i thought the rear on yours was great good when i help si build them...

edens-xe
30-01-07, 10:27 PM

and with rears that dont turretting you wanna be carefull as you can have prob with the seams spitting and so on...

i thought the rear on yours was great good when i help si build them... yeh but its just so bumpy, or i mite just get the fronts done coz there abit used i think:D

Benn
30-01-07, 10:55 PM
lol oi there my old ones,
and yeah there rear are vert hard where they dont move much...

Ste L
30-01-07, 11:08 PM

i thought the rear on yours was great good when i help si build them...

fk's dont need turreting due to being seperate srping and shock like normal dampers :thumb:
so no need to worry with them

kevster
30-01-07, 11:17 PM
are avo s any good every one down this way uses them