PDA

View Full Version : sri is going!!

alan b
29-01-07, 10:03 PM
got off my **** and put in the gearbox oil and changed the gear linkage, was a bit nervous to see what she was like, because she is still misfiring, but when i gave her some out on the road she went like the clappers!!:eek: needs a bit of tuning but i was thrilled! it seems like its overfuelling, is that a common occurence with these engines? also just want to say thank you to everyone who gave me advice, especially, long live the nova. cheers people!!:thumb:

Adam
30-01-07, 12:00 AM
The overfueling may stop once the ecu starts reading from the lambda and tweaks the map slightly.
Depends how bad it is.

alan b
30-01-07, 01:44 AM
will the ecu light go out then?? it seemed a bit better when i gave it a drive!! would a diagnostics check help?

Adam
30-01-07, 01:02 PM
It depends why the ecu light is on.

You should be able flash the codes out by bridging the wires i mentioned in the other thread.

SRI crazy
01-02-07, 08:47 AM
u might hav a dodgy cold start an that would cause the over fuelling to. u could do a diagnostic check to thew plug is under the bonnet at the bulkhead beside the wiper motor, i hav an sri 2 so if u hav any trouble gv me a shout an il do my best to help