PDA

View Full Version : extending your wings???

ade
29-01-07, 07:04 PM
As you know I'm doing a pretty big project which involves fitting MK2 Punto lights into my Nova.

Part of this mod means reshaping the wing section where the indicators go - including extending the corner section.

What I'd like to know from you guys is what do you think the best way is?

I'm thinking take a piece of metal the right shape for the new lights, bond it to the inside of the wing using suitable adhesive, create a little lip on the edge (where it butts up the the light edge) then back fill with filler/resin to flush with the existing wing, overlapping slightly.

I then need to do the top corner point - I need to extend this out a bit to follow the curve of the top part of the lights. This bit I'm not too sure about...

Anyone have any suitable ideas - needs to be pretty sturdy obviously - i dont really want to just stick a wad of filler on the end!

Ade

lee coley
29-01-07, 07:16 PM
have you got any pics of it now??

Paul
29-01-07, 10:04 PM
mk2 punto wing/nova wing cut and join

Timmy
29-01-07, 10:31 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v13/danga/lights70.jpg
Take the small gap in the corner is the problem, cut the tip off a punto wing would that work ? looks good though

Driver
30-01-07, 12:30 AM
mk2 punto wing/nova wing cut and join

this is best way to do it

Matt2107
30-01-07, 09:58 AM
I'd agree with the above but you've then got to try and find some punto wings for cheap money. Your liquid metal stuff should be strong enough to hold it if you can't get anyone to weld it.

wisewood
30-01-07, 11:34 AM
weld is for pu$$ies... or so ade seems to think lol

The problem with getting punto wings and fitting them to the nova wings is the contours of them both - seems easy enough to say it, but it'd be a complete pig to make it look right once they're married up.

Matt2107
30-01-07, 02:16 PM
Piece of pish :D

ade
30-01-07, 07:40 PM
lol - cut and shuitting the wings isnt an option so I'm not going there.

Any other ideas?

For pics see the HOOGE thread in styling called ades garage

lee coley
30-01-07, 07:43 PM
only other way is JAM, so why cut n shut a bonnet? cant see that liquid metal holding every thing in place thow!

bump
30-01-07, 08:08 PM
lol - cut and shuitting the wings isnt an option so I'm not going there.

I mis-read that and thought you were going to be eating them for a min lol

Do a cut and shut to make a mould from in order to make fibreglass wings. Lighter and useful for when some old dear dinks it (sods law).

lee coley
30-01-07, 08:10 PM
I mis-read that and thought you were going to be eating them for a min lol

Do a cut and shut to make a mould from in order to make fibreglass wings. Lighter and useful for when some old dear dinks it (sods law).

nowt better than JAM!yummy