PDA

View Full Version : any good?

ianglanister
29-01-07, 06:47 PM
ive got my test coming up an 22nd of feb so getting my car on monday. only a little 1.2 nova. but got my sound system here what you think, pioneer cd hu,400watt gto amp 1000 watt 12in jbl sub maystar 300watt amp ministry of sound 350wayy 6x9s and obv 2 amp wiring kits, what you think wasnt spending alot on first audio set up. just need some front components what you think would be good? what you think of the set up then? thanks Ian

novait
29-01-07, 07:07 PM
dont use 6*9s...........sub and amp is ok but no 6*9s

ianglanister
29-01-07, 07:10 PM
why do you say that then?

novait
29-01-07, 07:40 PM
just dont like 6*9s

get sum desent componets for the front and it will sound sooo much better

ianglanister
29-01-07, 07:42 PM
ive already spent 60quid on an amp for em and 30quid on the actualy 6x9s tho!!

novait
29-01-07, 08:14 PM
sale them and get sum componets and an amp
get gd 1s as well like jl or dls!!!!

Lucky Luke!
30-01-07, 07:32 PM
Like the blind leading the blind.....

Didnt do too bad on the sub and amp, okay for a first setup i suppose.

Throw the 6x9's off a really large bridge tied to a brick.

Use the amp you were gonna power them with to power the fronts. The general rule of thumb is that you dont need rear speakers with a sub as the sub will drown out anything coming from the rear anyways.

Yes JL and DLS are excellent speakers to use for the front however as your obviously on a budget so i'd check out some JBL jobbies. Nothing special but will do the job.

H15 NVA
31-01-07, 03:35 PM
speakers in rear are fine just not in the shelf above the sub as it will push the cones about with air it moves, if you want speakers in rear fit em in rear quarters. 2amp wirring kits not needed, power second on a link lead from first or run a fused ditrubution block(one power lead in with two fuses and two power leads commin out)

Lucky Luke!
31-01-07, 09:22 PM
Sorry, but there really is no need for any rear speakers with a sub.

And make sure that if you use a distibution block you use the correct gauge wire for the main feed.

london_chris
31-01-07, 10:53 PM
rip he lot out, its too heavy

london_chris
31-01-07, 10:53 PM

ianglanister
31-01-07, 11:17 PM
where do i use the distribution block? im s***e with audio. thanks lads Ian

H15 NVA
01-02-07, 12:41 PM
Sorry, but there really is no need for any rear speakers with a sub.

And make sure that if you use a distibution block you use the correct gauge wire for the main feed.

if set uup properly the sub should be running really low end so all you'll heve in the back is bass so speakers are needed just have to have the bass taken out of them, music needs to be "staged" properly otherwise it'll just be vocals up front and bass behind, music in the car should surround you.

H15 NVA
01-02-07, 12:44 PM
distribution block would go in the boot, you'd run a larger diameter power too it from the battery(so only one power lead running thru the car) this runs into the dizzy block and two(fused) power feeds come out one for each amp.

ianglanister
01-02-07, 01:01 PM
cool cheers fella

Lucky Luke!
01-02-07, 06:33 PM

Really useful that....................... di*k

if set uup properly the sub should be running really low end so all you'll heve in the back is bass so speakers are needed just have to have the bass taken out of them, music needs to be "staged" properly otherwise it'll just be vocals up front and bass behind, music in the car should surround you.

Thnaks for that little lesson. Clearly my 5 years in car audio was a waste of time if the word "staged" needed to be in inverted commers.

Fact of the matter is people only get subs because they want bass that a normal speaker can't provide, therefore to get it to the level where you can share the audio with a rear speaker it would be so low it wouldnt be worth having one.

After fitting hundreds of systems in the past five years the best overall installs come from those that have Amped front comps and a sub.

Also many of our customers prefered the sound achieved from this set up.

With rear speakers, sub and front speakers there is so much sound coming at once that after a certain level it tends to merge into one big ball of audio nastiness.

ianglanister
01-02-07, 06:57 PM
lucky luke you sound like you know what your on about, what i was thinking (was talking to grossy about it) if they will fit u no in the footwells where there is a gap behind the dash so if you looked thro it you could see the passenger footwell, well was thinking about tryin to mdf there and put them their, with the amp under passenger seat and all wires under the carpet, get some footwell neons to light them up. what you think luke? thanks alot mate. Ian

Lucky Luke!
01-02-07, 07:07 PM
Not ideal from a quality point of view, reason being the sound is gonna be coming out and hitting your legs, if your handy with fiberglass you can mould some enclosures that sit in the actual footwell and face the speakers up, thats a little better. However the best idea is to mount them in the doors facing up.

H15 NVA
01-02-07, 07:11 PM
Really useful that....................... di*k

Thnaks for that little lesson. Clearly my 5 years in car audio was a waste of time if the word "staged" needed to be in inverted commers.

Fact of the matter is people only get subs because they want bass that a normal speaker can't provide, therefore to get it to the level where you can share the audio with a rear speaker it would be so low it wouldnt be worth having one.

After fitting hundreds of systems in the past five years the best overall installs come from those that have Amped front comps and a sub.

Also many of our customers prefered the sound achieved from this set up.

With rear speakers, sub and front speakers there is so much sound coming at once that after a certain level it tends to merge into one big ball of audio nastiness.

just going on what ive been told by mate whos bin fitting for years, i had just fronts and a sub in mine and preferred it when put rears in, also wouldnt rear passengers just get the bass and not much from the fronts??

Lucky Luke!
01-02-07, 07:23 PM
And who do you install a system for? You or the people in the back?

L14MNP
02-02-07, 01:59 PM
And who do you install a system for? You or the people in the back?

Fcuk the rear fill - amped comps up front FA in quarters / shelf and decent amped sub in boot, I personally can only reccommend what I run, focal utopia 2 ways, focal utopia 13" sub, 1000w rms 4 ch soundstream van gogh amp, had no probs with these.

Incidentaly, if you want any more gear, I am selling 2, 12" Rockford Fosgate P1's in sealed boxes, and have a little, MTX amp, forgot power ratings, but sound for running fronts - this has been in and out of all my 2nd cars, along with some infinity comps, does the job imo - although only 1 sub used most times

Lucky Luke!
02-02-07, 07:13 PM
Exactly my point! you dont build a sound system for anyone else apart from yourself!!

Oz-Racing
09-03-07, 06:37 PM
does any1 know of a make called sub-zero, and are they any gd?

L14MNP
10-03-07, 10:31 AM
does any1 know of a make called sub-zero, and are they any gd?

I know of Ground Zero? :confused:

Perfect if you want low end overkill and to rupture your internals :tard: